• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #6

14 posts in this topic

When I was starting my collecting habits, I visited many shops throughout So Cal, including Graphitti Comics in Westwood. Picked up between 15-20 quality ASM's from Dave (?) which I believe came from an OO collection. Am considering sending in several to get slabbed, but thought I'd confirm my thinking with my fellow forumites. shy.gif

For your consideration....ASM #6. Except for a minor bend that does not appear on the scan (at "The" on left side), this looks like you could have just picked this up off of the spinner rack - heck, maybe that's how the bend got there? confused-smiley-013.gif Page quality is off-white...

ASM6-front.jpg

ASM6-back.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Express it tomorrow and tell us the grade when you get it back in two weeks!

laugh.gif

C'mon now. It's a stunning book, but those spine breaks; the rounded URC; top edge wear.... and the bend we can't see would surely keep this book out of the NM.

I was mesmerized! 27_laughing.gif

Tough to grade for a minor bend you can't see.

I'll calm down and inspect it again.

9.0 tongue.gif

When I was starting my collecting habits, I visited many shops throughout So Cal, including Graphitti Comics in Westwood. Picked up between 15-20 quality ASM's from Dave (?) which I believe came from an OO collection. Am considering sending in several to get slabbed, but thought I'd confirm my thinking with my fellow forumites. shy.gif

For your consideration....ASM #6. Except for a minor bend that does not appear on the scan (at "The" on left side), this looks like you could have just picked this up off of the spinner rack - heck, maybe that's how the bend got there? confused-smiley-013.gif Page quality is off-white...

ASM6-front.jpg

ASM6-back.jpg

8.5-9.2. Tough to say the book looks very nice though. A closer look would be a better choice on a book such as this.

Nice book none the less!

Richard

ASM6-front.jpg

ASM6-back.jpg

8.5-9.2. Tough to say the book looks very nice though. A closer look would be a better choice on a book such as this.

Nice book none the less!

Richard

Top of the back cover leans towards an 8.5 after a 2nd look.

I'd go with 8.0 or possibly 8.5. In addition to the wear noted, it looks like there might be at least one pre-Marvel chipping tear on the right edge of the front cover and a few chips (still attached) at the bottom of the front cover. Not sure how much CGC would ding you for those, but it's a sweet looking book nonetheless! thumbsup2.gif

There's also something odd going on near the Lizard's hand: just below his hand there's an area where the color appear to be worn away, and also a little color fleck missing just to the right of his hand. And there are two medium-grey horizontal streaks to the right of the Lizard's arms.

But perhaps all of those are part of the actual artwork??? Can anyone verify?

And I agree that it may be hard to see them but there are a number of spine stress lines.

I'm going with 8.0, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back 7.5.

Still and all... it's an accumulation of very minor things, and overall it's a fantastic looking book. I've LOVE to own a copy this nice!

27_laughing.gif

Love that book. Someday I hope to own a nice copy. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I just put a money order in the mail for a ASM 6.

:woot: