• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Website for Slab Collectors - Beta testers needed!

149 posts in this topic

MK - I'm messing with the admin function and will check out the timezone issue.

Beyonder - We have it off in the galleries so people couldn't go too nuts with crazy fonts and multi-colored titles as I've seen them do on other sites. What were you going to use it for? There might be another way around it.

I'm out for tonight - have fun playing with the site and keep the suggestions coming. You've all been a great help so far.

MK--did you register without entering first name and last name? Your name doesn't show up below your books...?

Evidently, something else to investigate.

Debugging is FUN! :-)

I was wondering why our real names show up rather than our User IDs.

MK--did you register without entering first name and last name? Your name doesn't show up below your books...?

Evidently, something else to investigate.

Debugging is FUN! :-)

My name was there before and it just disappeared??

Very strange. I think Brett messed with it. I shouldn't let him play with the toys. ;-)

user IDs are for login...but we thought it best to use real names for everything else, so galleries are easier to find. If you know someone's name and want to see their collection, you can look them up alphabetically. It's much tougher with usernames. And it makes the whole thing a bit more personal and friendly, I guess...

I have not figured out how to set up sub-folders like SA Marvel or SA DC. Needs debugging?

How about having a picture of oneself a la Facebook? If u are as handsome as greggy, u will have lots of friends or lots of enemies. insane.gif

I have not figured out how to set up sub-folders like SA Marvel or SA DC. Needs debugging?

How about having a picture of oneself a la Facebook? If u are as handsome as greggy, u will have lots of friends or lots of enemies. insane.gif

Log in, click on "Create/Order Folders", click "New", type in the name of the folder you want to create, click "Apply Modifications"

Sorry if it's still a little bit clunky here and there! We hope to have all of the kinks worked out ASAP.

is this website still in the test stages?

i wouldnt want to register and then eventually have to register all over again

Yes and no. We are still looking for any bugs that might exist (some of which can only be found once the site is actually populated), and we plan on expanding and streamlining the site in the coming months, but if you register now there should be no need to go through the process again at a later date. We certainly don't plan on deleting everything and starting over...once you create an account you should be good to go for the long haul.

Court

I think this site, although cool, is suffering from an identity crisis (no pun intended). Is it a photobucket stop for your books? Is it a marketplace? Trying to be both, but I'm not necessarily sold on the process just yet. Cool idea, just needs development and cohesiveness between the two concepts. Everyone wants to create a marketplace...but what we really need is a bit more... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can't beat FREE, and it's a word I'm appreciating more and more...

Very nice. Looking forward to browsing the galleries.

My first impression of the homepage though is not of a gallery website, but more akin to ComicLink. The homepage was just thumbnails and galleries.

Nice search though.

Thanks! The home page is just supposed to show a little bit of everything (most of the books displayed on the home page are randomly selected, with the exception of most viewed books). With the rest of the site, we are trying to strike a balance between being a display showcase for collectors and an e-commerce site for buying/selling. If the site becomes predominantly geared towards one or the other, we can always adjust the site accordingly, but we hope to find a middle ground where everyone can find something they like, and not feel overwhelmed by the other half of the site, should they choose to use the site only for display, or only for trading.

Court