• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This morning I picked up my grail of grails

109 posts in this topic

For the past three weeks, i've been working on a deal for a book in a grade I never thought i'd own. A grail i thought too lofty to obtain. But, thanks to fellow Collectors' Society member Scott Ireland, I was able to get it. This morning I went to the post office and picked it up. Thank you, Scott. You are the real deal! hail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

xcomics.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Congrats again buddy wink.gif

You know whats really funny. I remember speaking to Casey in Febuary about upgrading his 8.0. He said some along the lines of.. " Its too expensive, I dont think I will be able to upgrade my 1"

Congrats again thumbsup2.gif

Killer copy! headbang.gif

Do you anything about the collection that produced this gem?

Unfortunately, no. Scott told me the name of the guy he bought it from but it didn't seem familiar to me. I know that Bob Storms has a scan of this book on his website, so he probably had it at one time. Maybe he can shed some light on it. What i do know is that it is not leaving my collection for a very long time. wink.gif

Thanks Goldust,Drice and Mike!!! I knew I could never afford Ghost_Town's 9.6 or Doug's 9.8 but I figure this is pretty darn close. grin.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

You are darn right it is!!! Way to go KC!! 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

You know whats really funny. I remember speaking to Casey in Febuary about upgrading his 8.0. He said some along the lines of.. " Its too expensive, I dont think I will be able to upgrade my 1"

Congrats again thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Danny. It's funny how things worked out. If it wasn't for you asking me about another one of his books, he might not have told me about this one. It was just the right time and the right offer. A convulence (sp) of events. I'll never forget.

Thanks Goldust,Drice and Mike!!! I knew I could never afford Ghost_Town's 9.6 or Doug's 9.8 but I figure this is pretty darn close. grin.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

You are darn right it is!!! Way to go KC!! 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

Thank you, Bill. As I told Mike (comicdonna), this is my Action #1. cloud9.gif

For the past three weeks, i've been working on a deal for a book in a grade I never thought i'd own. A grail i thought too lofty to obtain. But, thanks to fellow Collectors' Society member Scott Ireland, I was able to get it. This morning I went to the post office and picked it up. Thank you, Scott. You are the real deal! hail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

xcomics.jpg

xcomics001.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

That's an excellent copy. Congrats. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm still dreaming of the time when I can even attempt a purchase like that.

xcomics.jpg

xcomics001.jpg

OMG what a beautiful book! 893whatthe.gif Simply awesome, and you own it 893applaud-thumb.gif