• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Comic inventory software?

14 posts in this topic

First, I did a search on the boards here and couldnt seem to come up with any results.

Im wondering what might be some good comic inventory programs? Also, I have heard of Comic Base and gave their trial version a run though I havent had time yet to mess with it much, as I downloaded it only this past weekend. I did mess around with the imbedded grading option though, seems very strict though even more so than CGC, any thoughts on this as well?

kind regards

Rob

Well, umm. Slowly but surely. I am catalogging and rebagging, ,long slow project. You'll see them as I go along, I promise.

Good stuff!

I know too well about the long slow process. I try to get about 5 boxes a week catalogued into CB. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get anything done in the last three weeks! Been swamped with work.

Looking forward to seeing the progress. popcorn.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

I love ComicBase! I just need more time to get my books in it.

THAT is my only problem with the software!!!

I have the 10 archive edition. My sub just ran out, I was going to renew to 11 for like $120something... got an email saying I can jump to 12 for only $99! I am glad I held off!!! 12 looks like it has some pretty good features. Plus, Vista compatible, which is a good thing as I am building a new "super" machine and hope to install Vista. I just need to see if all my other software will be compatible.

John thumbsup2.gif

I have the 10 archive edition. My sub just ran out, I was going to renew to 11 for like $120something... got an email saying I can jump to 12 for only $99! I am glad I held off!!! 12 looks like it has some pretty good features. Plus, Vista compatible, which is a good thing as I am building a new "super" machine and hope to install Vista. I just need to see if all my other software will be compatible.

John thumbsup2.gif

I'm using Vista... It's nice, but I'd wait for the first Service Pack.

For ComicBase version 11, out of the box, it runs on Vista incredibly slowly. You would definitely need the 11.0.1 upgrade (or whatever the latest update is). Once that update is installed, ComicBase runs on Vista with no problems so far.

John thumbsup2.gif

I'm using Vista... It's nice, but I'd wait for the first Service Pack.

For ComicBase version 11, out of the box, it runs on Vista incredibly slowly. You would definitely need the 11.0.1 upgrade (or whatever the latest update is). Once that update is installed, ComicBase runs on Vista with no problems so far.

Good to know!

Thanks Shin hi.gif

John thumbsup2.gif

Rob, the other option is that you could just build a spreadsheet from Excel. It doesn't have the bells and whistles, AND you would have to look up the prices, add any images, etc, but it's free.