• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

I also don't have any Science Comics, but am just now starting to look for the earlier issues.

Uh-oh!

Having focused in the past on Mystery Men and Wonderworld, these other oddball Fox books have a strange alluring quality that I find hard to resist :insane:

I know what you mean. :applause:

Great service from Heritage - they combined shipping on a book (Weird 4, Larson) that I prevailed on in the recently completed signature auction, along with an item (Catman 4) that I won just this past Sunday.

This is the fastest I have ever rec'd an order from them - good job Heritage (thumbs u

Steve, you got to post that Larson Weird# 4, great comic , mine is a solid VG with slieght Resto, but I still love it . Great torture cover.

& # 5 is a smoker also . Do you have one ? I have that in a VG also , both nice looking books for the grade.

Ray, no I do not have a Weird 5 ...I only have the Weird 3 and now Weird 4, both Larson, both technical mid-grade, but each presenting much better.

I also don't have any Science Comics, but am just now starting to look for the earlier issues.

Having focused in the past on Mystery Men and Wonderworld, these other oddball Fox books have a strange alluring quality that I find hard to resist :insane:

As Steve knows, I have focused on these books for years and have all the pre-War Fox, many in high grade with the Church runs for Wonderworld, Mystery Men, Fantastic, US Jones and odds and ends with several Larsons---(okay-okay enough of this styling off)

For GA exubernace (and plain weirdness) these books are a lot of fun---throw in the classic Lou Fine covers and covers by Simon, Patenaude and Casenauve/Rice these are just great stuff.

Also what is nice is that it is "collectible" number of books

of the Sciences my favorite cover is #2

So folks---go out and get them......

jon

I bought it!! Just recieved it yesterday. :banana::cloud9:

It's pretty sharp for the grade esp. the colors on the cover. a solid book , it does have some sleight glue though.It's a book that has been on my want list a Looong time. I'm pretty Happy with it , as it is one of Lou Fine's Best covers.I'll be out this weekend, when I get a chance I'll post it.

Uh-oh!

Compared to a juggernaut like Detective27kid, I'm just a Mini-me to such legendary hobbyists.

Uh-oh!

Compared to a juggernaut like Detective27kid, I'm just a Mini-me to such legendary hobbyists.

:signfunny:

I bought it!! Just recieved it yesterday. :banana::cloud9:

It's pretty sharp for the grade esp. the colors on the cover. a solid book , it does have some sleight glue though.It's a book that has been on my want list a Looong time. I'm pretty Happy with it , as it is one of Lou Fine's Best covers.I'll be out this weekend, when I get a chance I'll post it.

I'm green with envy. I debated that one many times, but too many irons in the fire lately.

Please post it in the Fox thread when you have a scan handy. Many congrats friend! :applause:

wow, watching the floor bidding on the MH GL's, someone really wants them!

strong bidding

gator

Well, here's my sad story!

Went for a stroll through the Heritage rose garden (GA GL's) this morning hoping to pluck a few nice ones for a dirt cheap price. Came out of the rose garden with what must have been the only weed (GL #30) in the whole garden stuck to the bottom of my shoe. doh!

Well, at least it is a nice looking weed from it's outer appearance and was able to get it for under guide at $170 before the Heritage juice.

I have seen that book raw and it looks like a vf. CGC said something about brittleness to the pages, but the grade on that book was ridiculously low. You got a heck of a deal.

:bump: Well, just got my copy of GL 30 in the mail from the August Heritage auction earlier this week.

Very happy to say that Richard's opnion of the book is correct as it is absolutely gorgeous for a CGC 2.5 copy. Only real visible outer flaw is a small tear or spine split on the bottom left corner. I would be more than happy to pick up VF looking 2.5 graded copies of scarce GA books for less than guide any day of the week. :takeit:

Stupid story: Decided to take the book to show it to my friend at the LCS. Left it in a bag in the van when my wife steps on top of the bag as she's moving from the front seat to the back seat to avoid the sun. I hear a loud crack. :pullhair: Happy to see there was no apparent damage to the book with only a crack on one of the edges as she must have broken one of the corner posts. Told her she had to go on a diet as she's obviously way too heavy at 105 pounds. lol

Ouch!

Note to self: always put comics inside a box.

Glad everything worked out well. (thumbs u

Ouch!

at least around LF's wife :)

gator

Yes, especially after she couldn't stop laughing as she thought Hertiage was just silly to pack one little comic in a shipping box that measured 17x14x6. She said that's probably why it took 5 weeks for me to get the package after having paid for the book the day after the auction.

I just think of it as a poor man's version of a Matt Nelson pressing job. I just wonder if I am going to have to disclose this amateur pressing attempt when it comes time to sell the book. lol

Ouch!

at least around LF's wife :)

gator

Yes, especially after she couldn't stop laughing as she thought Hertiage was just silly to pack one little comic in a shipping box that measured 17x14x6. She said that's probably why it took 5 weeks for me to get the package after having paid for the book the day after the auction.

I just think of it as a poor man's version of a Matt Nelson pressing job. I just wonder if I am going to have to disclose this amateur pressing attempt when it comes time to sell the book. lol

hm nah, I think you are good

gator