• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

Anyone proud enough to admit they won the Detective # 1 ?

I am sure the winner will come forward shortly....I knew he was going to win it before the auction began, so I am very happy for him!

gator

I am sure the winner will come forward shortly....

He's probably one of those reserved, English-like dudes.

I am sure the winner will come forward shortly....

He's probably one of those reserved, English-like dudes.

oh, he is a shy one alright lol

Won my first sig auction, and actually got a decent deal!

Weird Mysteries 2 in 5.5 with a classic Baily cover for $260 with the juice. 6.0 guide is $354, so I think I did pretty well. :grin:

Now THAT's what I call a happy ending!

:banana:

and the "shy" brit comes to bask in the light...

if Peter didn't win it, i am glad you did! (and even happier I didn't want to try to battle you 2)

rick

What is up with WDC&S? 42 and 49 13 x Guide! Anything even remotely nice going for at least 2.5 times condition guide. I shoulda been collecting Disney instead of those stupid red Timely books!

Looks like you updated your sig line just in time. I had the VF copy packaged up to take to the post office but I'll just pop it back in the collection. :kidaround:

October, that's a good grab on the Weird Mysteries #2... one of my favorite covers (obviously based on my avatar!). I snagged a 4.0 or something like that a couple years ago off of Heritage for well below guide, too. I don't know why that is.

Oh I know the winner really really wanted it. I was the underbidder and ran it all the way up early. There was a really big bid put in from the very beginning of the listing.

Yep - wanted it bad - there was another $10k on top - bid was put on seconds from opening of auction.

In trying to complete an unrestored pre-Batman run you have to take an opportunity like this

Looks like you updated your sig line just in time. I had the VF copy packaged up to take to the post office but I'll just pop it back in the collection. :kidaround:

:tonofbricks:

lol

It's because Pre-Code Horror isn't as "hot" as it used to be. Great stuff, but now it sells much more reasonably.

That seems to be true...unless it's one of the top covers like Black Cat 50, Crime Suspense 22, Tomb of Terror 15, ect. Those still bring guide multiples.

Works for me!

Went a bit crazy on this auction.

Will be out of action for a while.

Final tally:

Tec #1

Tec #41

GL #37 MH (my first MH)

Wonder Woman #1

Cap #59

Supes #14

Blue Beetle #1 Larson (my first Larson)

Donald Duck #nn (Whitman - first Donald Duck and Walt Disney)

Four Color #199

Funny Pages v3 #7 (1st Arrow cover appearance)

I feel like a pig in s**t

It's because Pre-Code Horror isn't as "hot" as it used to be. Great stuff, but now it sells much more reasonably.

That seems to be true...unless it's one of the top covers like Black Cat 50, Crime Suspense 22, Tomb of Terror 15, ect. Those still bring guide multiples.

Works for me!

Mr Mystery 12 hm

Lots of good books.

That FC 199 was awfully pretty for a VF+ -- and with what seems like a reasonable price compared to other Duck books.