• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Vintage Auctions

254 posts in this topic

congrats to all...

I got a keen detective 23, an amazing man 5, a MMC, a Sensation and a Superman...that's it...didn't even realize I had won the last 3...

rick

What did the Marvel 1 go for? Pay copy.

I see the Kansas city copy didnt sell.[A beaut too!] Problem here was that tears sealed and cover cleaned and reinforced is being called SLIGHT Restoration. ??????????

The results dont think so.

I was willing to go $36K On the Kansas Marvel 1, but not the $39700 it is offered for now...I emailed my heritage account rep and asked if they would pass my $36K offer to the owner...it has been in the last 3 sign auctions not selling, so hopefully the owner will get the message that is is priced too high

rick

wow, watching the floor bidding on the MH GL's, someone really wants them!

strong bidding

gator

Well, here's my sad story!

Went for a stroll through the Heritage rose garden (GA GL's) this morning hoping to pluck a few nice ones for a dirt cheap price. Came out of the rose garden with what must have been the only weed (GL #30) in the whole garden stuck to the bottom of my shoe. doh!

Well, at least it is a nice looking weed from it's outer appearance and was able to get it for under guide at $170 before the Heritage juice.

I have seen that book raw and it looks like a vf. CGC said something about brittleness to the pages, but the grade on that book was ridiculously low. You got a heck of a deal.

Thanks Richard;

Actually, I am quite happy with this pickup as I have been looking for a copy of this book at a reasonable price for several years now. :cloud9:

OS lists this book as scarce and Gerber has it as a 7 on their Scarcity Index. Highest graded copy is only a 7.0 right now with the only other 3 graded copies sitting around the 4.0 to 5.0 range. Even the Church copy is listed as only a Fn in Chuck's original catalogue. hm

Yes, I believe Heritage's comments about the onset of brittle pages absolutely killed the price on this book. Otherwise, the sharp and clean front and back cover appearance of this book would have sent the price substantially higher. Certainly glad that Heritage made the page disclaimer comment. (thumbs u

Although the hammer price was only $170, I bet you by the time I get the actual book, it'll be a lot closer to $300. Not only the usual Heritage juice, but they also always seem to look for the most expensive way to ship the book to you even if you ask for regular air mail. Not only that, they also insist on adding the cost of this excessive shipping onto their Customs value declaration form which only increases the duties paid. With Heritage, it'a always punishment pricing as they seem to go out of their way to ensure you pay the absolute maximum for the book you are buying. :sumo:

Purple power hits The Mile High Green Lantern # 1 too I see.

If it were a Blue Label 9.0 what would it have fetched? 100K plus , right ?

If it went at the same average multiple as the others it would have been about $225K.

Oh I know the winner really really wanted it. I was the underbidder and ran it all the way up early. There was a really big bid put in from the very beginning of the listing.

Yep - wanted it bad - there was another $10k on top - bid was put on seconds from opening of auction.

In trying to complete an unrestored pre-Batman run you have to take an opportunity like this

I saw the Tec 1 in person at San Diego Con last week, and thought that it presented very well for the grade - congratulations George!

Funny Pages v3 #7 (1st Arrow cover appearance)

Why you :devil:, you eeked me out! :frustrated: (haha, I guess that double congratulations are thus in order!)

Purple power hits The Mile High Green Lantern # 1 too I see.

If it were a Blue Label 9.0 what would it have fetched? 100K plus , right ?

If it went at the same average multiple as the others it would have been about $225K.

I'm very happy for Joe considering the overall GL sale, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow having been sold that book without disclosure - the market value/price difference is just huge.

The price on the GL 3 is nuts. For that kind of money you could have yourself a nice looking Superman 1 or possibly even a restored Action 1.

In this case I'm happy for the seller given the PLOD on his 1 & 2, but I am quite surprised at the price for a GL 3 and the alternatives you pose sound more enticing to me.

The 1 and 2 did poorly, but the 3 and most of the others did tremendously well. Looks like a average of over 6 X Guide on the 9.2 or better issues. The total hit around $500K which was more than he was expecting. (He called this morning to see if I wanted to sell him my business! It was good for a giggle.)

I felt really badly for Joe about the undisclosed resto work on his Church GL's. (tsk)

Extrememly glad that on an overall basis though, it still worked out well for him in the end. :applause:

The price on the GL 3 is nuts. For that kind of money you could have yourself a nice looking Superman 1 or possibly even a restored Action 1.

In this case I'm happy for the seller given the PLOD on his 1 & 2, but I am quite surprised at the price for a GL 3 and the alternatives you pose sound more enticing to me.

The 1 and 2 did poorly, but the 3 and most of the others did tremendously well. Looks like a average of over 6 X Guide on the 9.2 or better issues. The total hit around $500K which was more than he was expecting. (He called this morning to see if I wanted to sell him my business! It was good for a giggle.)

I felt really badly for Joe about the undisclosed resto work on his Church GL's. (tsk)

Extrememly glad that on an overall basis though, it still worked out well for him in the end. :applause:

yes, the strong bidding on the other issues surely softned the blow to the 1 and 2....however, from the hi res scans, it looks as if the 1's CT could have been removed/scraped, likely still resulting in a 7.0 or better?...but, I guess it is all relative

rick

Why you , you eeked me out! (haha, I guess that double congratulations are thus in order!)

Blame Bangzoom - I would never have bought it if he hadn't brought my attention to a diverse universe of great comics.

Why you , you eeked me out! (haha, I guess that double congratulations are thus in order!)

Blame Bangzoom - I would never have bought it if he hadn't brought my attention to a diverse universe of great comics.

:acclaim:

I'm high bid on two books going into Sat floor session... :wishluck: I'd be ABSOLUTELY thrilled if I won either book!! Stay tuned.

Hooray! I won BOTH books....the Suspense #3 was my "Gotta Have It!" book for the summer :banana: and Looney Tunes #10 brings another wonderful Flag cover to my GA collection-- at 60% of last GPA sale in 2005! :grin:

Congrats to everyone on their winning bids!

Dino

The high grade Golden Age market is strong. The rest, eh.

I agree with you, the HG is super strong...and, many many titles in low to mid are "eh"...but, I know timelys are selling easily in guide to 1.5x guide across all grades (at least MMC and Captain americas and even some HT)....and recently, centaurs have really heated up ...I have seen 2-5x guide on many different titles (KDF, AMF, AM, FP etc) across all grades...every market is cyclical to some degree....but overall, I would say the GA market is doing above average to well :)

rick