• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

What I wonder is why did teh CGC crew chose UBB threads when we have the two most used and most recognizable software out there, VBulletin, and IPB (shrug)

UBB is ok, but still makes me wonder. hm

Can you port all the threads from a UBB board to VBulletin?

What I wonder is why did teh CGC crew chose UBB threads when we have the two most used and most recognizable software out there, VBulletin, and IPB (shrug)

UBB is ok, but still makes me wonder. hm

Can you port all the threads from a UBB board to VBulletin?

Thats just the problem, VB and IPB has many DB converters, but I don't think they have a UBB converter, so if they was to change to VB today, it would probably be a waste.

embedded music is teh suck.

i don't know why some people can't resist insulting the people who work hard to give you these boards. it's a frigging work in progress. massage your patience muscles; i think the blood supply to it has been cut off

I spent the better part of the day off the boards, and figured I'd come back and see if I like it any better.

Sigh.

I agree. It just does NOT have the "OOOMPH". That "right" feel about it. Not enough contrast between what is important (titles of threads, new posts etc) and what is not important (all the old threads, posters of threads etc). The board is very busy, not visually appealing and difficult to navigate (too many options).

R.

It's gloomy & depressing.

On the plus side....the upgrade has completely cured me of my addiction to this place. Another day or 2 with it looking like this, and I'll finally be free.

Good riddance :tired:

It's gloomy & depressing.

On the plus side....the upgrade has completely cured me of my addiction to this place. Another day or 2 with it looking like this, and I'll finally be free.

me too. Not the same any more.

r.