• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Ultimate Universe

Will you continue reading any Ultimate titles once Bendis quits?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you continue reading any Ultimate titles once Bendis quits?

28 posts in this topic

There are many valid reasons why alot of people will not follow the Ultimate lines and rightly so when they are I guess altering the original Hereos' and Villians' true origins and ruining the regular lines with conflicting ideas of who they are and what their relationship with the rest of the Marvel world. Here is one example why this Ultimate universe is trully bogus.....check this article out

Nick Fury: Does It Matter If He's Black Or White? foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif893whatthe.gif

The Ultimate Universe appeals to many new collectors. As you all know that Spidey started 40 years ago. This might not be the first time the Ultimate Universe will be re-done, it may happen again 40 years from now, like a remake of an old movie or a novel that relates more to what is happening today. An example is Shakespeare's novels, how many adaptations have been made to all his stories; Stan Lee is anyway the poor man's Shakespeare!!! The Ultimate is not original but has a different take. For old school, it does not appeal to them but for new collectors it is like reading them for the first time. And please don't belittle new collectors (i.e. they don't know nothing about collecting), as we are the new generation that keeps the comic industry alive!!!!

I'm old school and Ultimate Spidey is one of my favorite books. I just appreciate it as it is - a solid comic by one of the best writer & artist teams in the biz.

If one or both of them were to leave... I'd have to wait and see who took over and what they did with it.

Ultimate X-Men - not so good. Better since Bendis & Finch took over.

Kev

I'm old school and Ultimate Spidey is one of my favorite books. I just appreciate it as it is - a solid comic by one of the best writer & artist teams in the biz.

If one or both of them were to leave... I'd have to wait and see who took over and what they did with it.

Ultimate X-Men - not so good. Better since Bendis & Finch took over.

Kev

thumbsup2.gif

I agree 100% !

As long as the writing is good I will continue to read. I am actually kind of hooked on all the series now. Great writing and art. It is just too bad that Marvel decided to do the relaunch of the Ultimates. Maybe instead of calling them the Ultimates they can call the book what it really should be called like the Ultimate Avengers.