• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question regarding Captain America #28 (Potential Spoilers)

13 posts in this topic

I only read Captain America and Fantastic Four and thus I am not up to speed with the rest of the Marvel universe. In Captain America #28, which I got in the mail today, there is a bald telepath who tries to probe the depths of Crossbones's mind. I believe Tony Stark refers to him as Charles. However, the telepath in question is very much able to walk around. This begs the question, did Charles Xavier regain the use of his legs recently and I missed it?

Yep, he currently is walking again....or maybe it's just a skrully version of Prof. X

walking????

Lots of skrull are lurking around Marvel....maybe even your fav Fantastic Four. If

you've noticed Mr. Fantastic, the world's smartest man, has become one of the

biggest dummies recently....at least as written by Bendis. :frustrated:

Yep, he currently is walking again....or maybe it's just a skrully version of Prof. X

walking????

Lots of skrull are lurking around Marvel....maybe even your fav Fantastic Four. If

But Bendis isn't writing FF...

rantrant

As for the person who is (and his name mercifully escapes me right now), he should be taken out and shot. FF is unreadable right now. Someone needs to get this guy some basic science lessons -- like sound doesn't travel in space. (And anyway, Bendis, as a noir guy, shouldn't touch FF. It belongs to a science fiction guy.

Ok, back on topic...

walking????

rantrant

As for the person who is (and his name mercifully escapes me right now), he should be taken out and shot. FF is unreadable right now. Someone needs to get this guy some basic science lessons -- like sound doesn't travel in space. (And anyway, Bendis, as a noir guy, shouldn't touch FF. It belongs to a science fiction guy.

Ok, back on topic...

Actually I was referring to all of the Civil War/Negative Zone prison nonsense. I don't really know who's writing FF right now either...I jumped ship when JMS took over and haven't looked back.

walking????

rantrant

Ok, back on topic...

Actually I was referring to all of the Civil War/Negative Zone prison nonsense. I don't really know who's writing FF right now either...I jumped ship when JMS took over and haven't looked back.

Actually, Bendis didn't write Civil War either. Mark Millar did. I don't think Bendis has done anything with Reed Richards.

walking????

rantrant

Ok, back on topic...

Actually, Bendis didn't write Civil War either. Mark Millar did. I don't think Bendis has done anything with Reed Richards.

Dangit, I'm so use to blaming Bendis & JMS for Marvel's modern woes that I can't

stop. Okay, so Mark Miller gets the wonderful credit for the stupidity of Reed Richards during this past years books.

I only read Captain America and Fantastic Four and thus I am not up to speed with the rest of the Marvel universe. In Captain America #28, which I got in the mail today, there is a bald telepath who tries to probe the depths of Crossbones's mind. I believe Tony Stark refers to him as Charles. However, the telepath in question is very much able to walk around. This begs the question, did Charles Xavier regain the use of his legs recently and I missed it?

Xavier gained the ability to use his legs as a result of House Of M, but was subsequently depowered in the aftermath.

From what I heard, over in Uncanny X-Men, which Brubaker is also writing, while in space and with the Shi'ar, Prof. X regained his powers somehow.

Xavier gained the ability to use his legs as a result of House Of M, but was subsequently depowered in the aftermath.

From what I heard, over in Uncanny X-Men, which Brubaker is also writing, while in space and with the Shi'ar, Prof. X regained his powers somehow.

The M'Kraan (sp) Crystal gave the Prof his telepathy back. So I doubt he would be a skrull....

So all they gotta do is take all the de-powered mutants to the M'Kraan Crystal? hm

Slightly less risky than letting Quicksilver restore their powers.

BTW, FF is written by Dwayne Mcduffie now. No, I've never heard of him either.

Just read 544-547 (McDuffie and Pelletier) and I must say these were very good!

My only complaint is that each issue felt like I only got half of a story for some reason that I am not able to put my finger on (perhaps it was that I just wanted more... dunno).

Some very clever ideas (Black Panther's contingency plan for Galactus was an interesting extension of Silver Age Marvel KirbyTech) and great characterization.

McDuffie has been a writer for both Marvel and DC (more here).

BTW, FF is written by Dwayne Mcduffie now. No, I've never heard of him either.

Just read 544-547 (McDuffie and Pelletier) and I must say these were very good!

My only complaint is that each issue felt like I only got half of a story for some reason that I am not able to put my finger on (perhaps it was that I just wanted more... dunno).

Some very clever ideas (Black Panther's contingency plan for Galactus was an interesting extension of Silver Age Marvel KirbyTech) and great characterization.

McDuffie has been a writer for both Marvel and DC (more here).

Thanks for the link Fan4Fan (thumbs u McDuffie's been around for quite a while and I've read his stuff without realising. :o

I've read a couple of his current FF issues and they're not bad but they don't exactly excite me either. I like the fact that he used the Galactus contingency plan too (first mentioned in Preist's BP run). I think he might write some good FF stories once he's settled into the book.