• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ODD COMIC BOOK FOR SALE ON EBAY

43 posts in this topic

That's a classic R. Crumb (not Harry Crumb, John Candy movie) comix and try looking for Felch if you want a bit more offensive. That should go for a pretty penny (along with the other Crumbs on NeatStuff) but then again NS puts their reserve ridiculously high and most don't sell.

Offensive to some, funny to others. But I agree it should be in the adult section. A classic unground comic, look forward to buying it for my wife for her birthday.

Are you sure she wouldn't rather have a pearl necklace instead of this UG comic? :insane:

Scott

From the series of small-format smut books (Tijuana bible-inspired) that Robert Crumb, S Clay Wilson, Rory Hayes, Robert Williams and others were putting out circa 1968-9 and beyond.

This particular example is a Don Donahue File Copy and should pull at or over $500.

Recent sales via Heritage...

CGC 9.9 J*z Comics #nn File Copy (Apex Novelties, 1969) $1,667.50

CGC 9.8 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $603.75

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $373.75

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $358.50

CGC 9.8 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $299.00

CGC 8.5 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $262.90

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $207.00

There are other examples of these small-format FILE COPIES going right now as well... including an outstanding CGC 9.6 Snatch #1 (1st) which may well be a record-breaker.

These auctions represent an interesting time for UG collectors... it is now clear that Neatstuff has bought out a significant portion of Don Donahue's (Apex Novelties') backstock, including many books that collectors did not know Don had (e.g. the Snatch #1 1st). Don's backstock was among the best kept secrets in UG collecting and some (like myself) are mourning those catalogs, which represented the backbone of so many smaller collections.

From the series of small-format smut books (Tijuana bible-inspired) that Robert Crumb, S Clay Wilson, Rory Hayes, Robert Williams and others were putting out circa 1968-9 and beyond.

This particular example is a Don Donahue File Copy and should pull at or over $500.

Recent sales via Heritage...

CGC 9.9 J*z Comics #nn File Copy (Apex Novelties, 1969) $1,667.50

CGC 9.8 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $603.75

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $373.75

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $358.50

CGC 9.8 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $299.00

CGC 8.5 J*z Comics #nn First Printing (Apex Novelties, 1969) $262.90

CGC 9.6 J*z Comics #nn (Apex Novelties, 1969) $207.00

There are other examples of these small-format FILE COPIES going right now as well... including an outstanding CGC 9.6 Snatch #1 (1st) which may well be a record-breaker.

These auctions represent an interesting time for UG collectors... it is now clear that Neatstuff has bought out a significant portion of Don Donahue's (Apex Novelties') backstock, including many books that collectors did not know Don had (e.g. the Snatch #1 1st). Don's backstock was among the best kept secrets in UG collecting and some (like myself) are mourning those catalogs, which represented the backbone of so many smaller collections.

Great info. Looks like Mike managed to find a trove that was just out of many collectors' radar...

Oh, I thought the whole thread was killed.

It did strike a reef....

(shrug)

What went MIA?

An outburst from the poster who started this thread.

stay classy, Carolina

The Zap #0 doesn't say what printing it is and is a 9.0, that could be a lot for a second print.

It's a 1st print...why???...the CGC label doesn't state what printing it is, in which case that means it is a 1st print..

Also...the "hair" in the "Z" in Zap designates a 1st print... ;)

where did u find that head number 1 mister. that would go awsome in my number 1 collection :) i was on ebay and cant find 1 :(

Purchased new when it came out and slabbed myself. Who else is gonna slab one of those? And you probably won't find one on eBay unless you look in the "Other" catagory, IF you know what I mean ;)

And it goes even better in my NotSoNice collection. :grin:

LINK

*Isn't this somewhat offensive...

It makes me think twice about licking the white cream from the inside of an Oreo cookie before eating it.

:busy: