• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will stop Hulk?

55 posts in this topic

Betty Banner. Thereby the Hulk stopping himself.

Why is the Brood supposedly as strong as the Hulk was before he left Earth? The X-men have annihilated many, many Brood in the past. Is this one special or different?

Pat

Hulk will defeat all of the heros and will try to destroy the Earth, until the Watcher who never interfers (well actual he always butts his nose in) will come down from the moon and put everything back the way it is supposed to be. No one will remember anything about a Civil War. (I'm hoping they end this story line soon or at least kill off Tony Stark too!) The Scarlett Witch will bring back the mutants and the marvel universe will be as screwed up as ever.

Or maybe not.

I think you are onto something with this... at least I hope so.

Has anyone read or heard of a planned tie-in to the exiling of Hulk and Civil War? Seems when Hulk was exiled it was just a Hulk storyline, a way to goose it up by changing his storyline after the excellent Jones thing ended and Hulk was drifting a bit.

But, soon after Civil War started... and given all the major changes it brought, Marvel might have planned them together, with the wrap up just as you say. Hulk wins and only a god-like continuity save like the Watcher etc can put things back together, like Spideys secret identity, I cant believe they have thrown that away forever.

A Marvel guy I know mentioned that they built in an escape clause for Spidey's identity. I thought it was a Spidey specific save he was talking about, but seeing how all of Marvel is fakked up after Civil War, well, who knows.

Banner or Ultimate Nullifier could work too.

I'll go with the Ultimate Nullifier, so they can make everything null and void of all of the frigging mess they have made., or they can have the New Universe, I mean New Universal characters take over, or maybe Ultimate Characters or Supreme and his Universe. Or maybe Anita Blake and some Vampires can kill the Hulk!

Geeze at least DC just has the Vertigo Characters.

Marvel will use the infinty stones and change everything back....its their safety net. They love using minor characters (Dc and Marvel) because they can change or kill them and it really don't effect much.

Hulk will beat the snot out of the illuminati and possess all the infinity gems, then all the heroes will go groveling to Thanos to help them! :applause:

Didnt Thanos kick the bucket in annihilation?

So that only means he has died around 10 times now, so he could be the man or alien to do the job!

The Sentry will take Hulk down the only question is how will it end. Marvel won't erase the effects of Civil War, I don't really get how people are saying everything is screwed up? What's so hard to understand? Cap's dead, Stark runs the show, anyone who doesn't follow him is a target until they do. This could work if people weren't so dam anal to change, guys it can't be the status quo forever.

It's bad enough they've got this skrull mess going on. Seriously who the hell is excited for this mess? Wow we can't find any good ideas, I know! Let's make them skrulls! What a pathetic way to bring back "good" Iron Man, Captain America, a non unmasked Spider-Man etc etc. It's like the Simpsons "whenever you see something like that, a wizard did it".

thats all true, but Civil War outed Spideys secret identity. Thats the BIGGEST change to me. Imagine Superman revealing he's Clark Kent after 70 years of licensing continuiity? Or Batman... Same for Marvels Spidey franchise. Sure they are having creative fun telling stories about it while they can. But I dont think Marvel wants this to stay forever.

Then again, based on his fight with Kingpin this week, perhaps they CAN write a framework where no criminals will dare bother them again. That seems to be the point of the story. If they establish plausibly that the entire criminal community is now scared enough to leave Aunt May and Mary Jane alone for fear of Parker's vengeance, then it could stay this way.

but I agree, Stark taking over, Cap "dying", Fury disappeared, superheroes registered is really just a shuffling of the chess pieces.. not Spidey though.

I think that's what One More Day will take care of (Spidey's unmasking). I too was very disappointed in Parker revealing his identity to the world because it wasn't needed. Parker ended up turning on Stark only a few issues later and now he's on the run, May was shot, everyone knows who he is, he's unregistered etc etc etc.

My biggest problem is that Parker is ALWAYS being crapped on, I really hope One More Day fixes only Parker's problem but leaves the rest of the Civil War aftermath untouched. The problem with simply erasing everything that has happened is that it shows Marvel has no confidence in the long term (I don't believe they do right now anyways) and adding these Skrulls to the storyline will only muck things up even more.

I'm looking forward to One More Day as long as Parker remains married to MJ. I think Quesada is off his rocker in stating that Parker looks old being married. News flash buddy, more adults read Spider-Man then kids these days and Parker's been married for quite awhile now, I think if people had a problem with it we'd have known a long time ago.