• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 Flash Registry Set (Flash #105-#350) on PedigreeComics.com After San Diego!!!

33 posts in this topic

We are very pleased to announce that we have just completed negotiations on a MAJOR, MAJOR consignment that will bring the #1 CGC Registry Set of the Flash #105-#350 (plus Annual #1) to Pedigree Comics (www.PedigreeComics.com). This is a truly unbelievable set put together by high grade DC and Marvel collector Steve Rubin, who has a serious passion for the Flash as evidenced by this near-complete run. His award-winning set is 93% complete and sports a whopping 231 out of the 247 possible books, most of which are in CGC certified ultra high grade (9.4 or better). This is undoubtedly the greatest run of the Flash ever assembled and constitutes the best CGC Registry set ever offered for sale (by a longshot). In fact, it beats the #2 Flash set by over 30,000 points!

All 231 books will be listed individually for sale in the New Arrivals section of the website starting on Wednesday, August 1st (that's Jerry Garcia's birthday for those who don't know or care!) in descending chronological order, with 10 books appearing each day or night. All of the books will be available and listed with none being sold prior to the listing. Everyone will have a shot at bidding and buying any of the books in the set. As you could imagine, many of the books included are the highest graded CGC copies and the best existing ones, with a bunch of pedigrees included (mostly from the Pacific Coast and Western Penn collections).

If you have any questions or comments about the set or of any of the individual comics, please refer to the CGC Registry under Set Type Name: Flash #105-#350, Owner: rube or contact Pedigree Comics President/CEO Doug Schmell at DougSchmell@pedigreecomics.com .

Thank you and happy collection.

Sincerely,

Doug Schmell

Rube11, the books you showed in the Flash thread (SA forum) helped to make it one of the best display threads the boards has ever seen. Your magnificent run of the title was incredible to see.

It must be very hard to let these books go. I hope you are not leaving DC altogether.

Anyone who can put together such a high grade SA DC run has achieved something to be remembered!

Thanks Steelcity,

I appreciate the comments. Yes it is very difficult to do this but sometimes your life takes a different direction. Hopefully when this is all over with I will feel good about it. :)

I just hope the books end up with collectors who have enjoyed trying to put their run together much as I have.

Steve

Today marks Day #8 of the Flash Set listing and we've uploaded 80 books so far with some fantastic results. Almost half the books have sold so far with plenty of bidding and buying right away. Most of all the higher # 9.8's and 9.6's are long gone with plenty of 9.4's as well. A few 9.2's also sold at record prices.

Some of the highlights include the only known 9.8 copy of #275 going in a flash (as soon as I uploaded it it was snagged) for $200; #283 9.6 for $60; #271 9.4 for $50; #341 9.8 for $55; #344 in 9.8 for $55.00 and more.

This run is just amazing. I keep forgetting that most of the issues in the 200's and 100's are as nice as those in the 300's. Obviously, the list prices will be going up as we get into the 200's and 100's, but they will not be outrageous (compared especially to Marvels from the same time frame). As a Marvel guy, I have never seen many of these Flash covers and I've been blown away. It really is a lot of work uploading all the books but I'm having a hell of a good time doing it!!

The listing continues Thursday morning with the next group of 10 (#'s 265-256); Friday night with #'s 255-245 (no 250) and Saturday night with #'s 244-235.

Happy hunting and enjoy the weekend everyone!!

What happened?

I just went to check out the latest posting and the listing started with #350? I thought you were down to the low 200's.

Actually what happened was books were relisted at slightly lower prices that didn't sell OR meet the asking price. It was kind of a "break in the action"

The list will continue downward as it started today. Be ready in a few days for your 189 or 177 :-)

Steve