• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Final Round

Choose the final comic to leave this list  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the final comic to leave this list

72 posts in this topic

I voted for FF #1. It was tough to choose. Even though FF #1 was first and provided the template. AF #15 and the character of Spider-man took the ball and ran with it, achieving far greater popularity than the FF.

Same here.

I think that Spidey is obviously the most popular but that is not what I believe this is about. F4 is what all comics hope to achieve. Definition. To define their medium, their era and secure a place in history

Agreed, time for Spidey to go bye-bye (still is and always will be my favorite character).

FF 1 is losing... :(

I wouldn't worry about that...

I have a bad feeling the disgruntled DC crew

with shill up the AF 15 out of sheer hatred

to assure the webhead's demise.

:P

meh That's way beyond JC conspiracy territory there. I doubt the vicious DC mob (whoever they are ) will honestly give a damn either way.

It is a hard call but AF 15 not only introduces a (the) classic character from the silver age but it also containts, what I feel, is one of the best single issue stories of the silver age (and probably any age).

This all from a DC collector!

I grew up buying comics in the 60's, read any and all comics. I liked Spidey, but he wasn't my favorite, but in the grand scheme of which book is the most important in the Silver Age hands down it is Amazing Fantasy #15!

My favorite book during those days were the Avengers. For me, no book was greater than Spidey Annual #3, Spidey, Hulk and the Avengers, I went COO-COO for Cocoa Puffs when that hit the stands! But I digress!

Easy vote for me, keep FF.

FF was the heart and soul of Marvel in the early years, and for good reason. Great characters, great subplots, great villians, and incredible art.

I do think that Spider-man was a more fleshed out and interesting character than any other Marvel character, but FF had multiple great characters and earth-shattering storylines. I always got the sense that Stan was having fun when he wrote Spider-man, but was really trying to write great drama with FF.

And I prefer classic Kirby over Ditko as a matter of taste. That's not a knock on Ditko, just homage to the King.

Thanks Shadow for starting this. It's been fun!

So... what happens when this thread is finished? What's the next great battle?

Bronze Age Survivor Series:

Conan 1

Batman 232

Spiderman 129

Green Lantern 76

Daredevil 131

etcetera

etcetera