• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee's Superhero TV Show

17 posts in this topic

Okay, not sure how many of you have seen this one on tv, but I remember my wife and I seeing this while on vacation last summer- Who Wants to be a Superhero? I love Stan's work and contributions to the hobby, but this was definitely some cheesy stuff. It's good for an awkward laugh, but what are the rest of your thoughts on it?

Basic premise, from what I understand is that you have a bunch of contestants who come to the show as their own superhero-- one they have made up and are trying to market. There are various contests ea. episode where they somehow get to "prove" the heroics of their character. Anyhow, it's pretty bad. We saw the last episode because Disney only broadcasts those channels that it owns in their resorts- so we had few options.

There was a thread on this. I am sure if you search you can find it.

Basically it is A SURVIVOR types elimination show where there are "Super Heroe" contests and Stan picks the bottom candidates, gives them a chance to explaind their failure/preformance and then he decides who he wants to eliminate.

The winner was supposed to get and star in their own Comic Book. I am not sure what happened, but I never saw the book from last year, but then again I did not look for it very hard

The show was about as hokey as you can imagine

eh well what do you guys know.;)

I liked the show and my son loved it. He was 2nd in line at MidOhioCon to meet the winner, Feedback, and to have his picture taken and stuff. Guy was pretty cool and my kid enjoyed the show with many life lessons and no cursing. Imagine that. Hard to find that programming these days.

I watched it last year and thought it was - well - stagey, phoney and bizarre but had enough entertainment value to let me watch it while ocassionally tivoing through some parts.

But this season makes last season look like ON THE WATERFRONT. I cannot believe that something of this level would have gotten aired on a Public Access channel. Beyond stagey. Beyond phony. And utterly insincere. Can't wait for the next episode! :insane:

I watched it last year and thought it was - well - stagey, phoney and bizarre but had enough entertainment value to let me watch it while ocassionally tivoing through some parts.

But this season makes last season look like ON THE WATERFRONT. I cannot believe that something of this level would have gotten aired on a Public Access channel. Beyond stagey. Beyond phony. And utterly insincere. Can't wait for the next episode! :insane:

Agreed. I saw some of it last year and it was fake but it was nice to see Stan the Man pointing out the ideals that superheroes should have.

I tried watching this year and saw the groups being put into plexiglass phone booths with bees being put into them and people getting stung! I understand wanting to suggest these people have powers but actually putting them in with literally thousands of bees and having them get stung as part of their "testing" is too much. Turned it off and won't try it again.