• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there.....

910 posts in this topic

i'd like to see if i could possibly get a refund for my time and effort involved in reading through 12 pages of this.

sheesh

You're welcome... (thumbs u

No, no, it's "Your welcome"...get it right.

Wrong...it's " Up Yours!

Sure it is, now that you've finally figured it out.

Does my heart good.

Just a quick question....

What happened to your other eBay ID? The one you used to buy from Donut?

Didn't like it anymore? (shrug)

That's correct. Too many retaliatory negatives from overgrading sellers to have any leverage. Future overgrading sellers would use that against me, and they would take solace in their overgrading chums.

I get retaliatory negs because I dare to leave honest feedback for overgraders.

And if you think I deserved those negs, let me ask one more time: Why have CGC sold for so much more than their raw counterparts....? Why do Lange's Sports, J&S Comics, and Fantasy Comics books sell for so much more than similarly graded books by "other sellers"? Only the uninformed imagines that overgrading is not rampant on eBay.

For the record...I left Flying Donut a positive for refunding my money, all of it, even after he got gruff.

But if you believe in your comments, shouldn't you have stayed with the one id and stand up for what you have previously commented on. This looks like you are trying to hide your previous ID and history to me.

I just read all 15 pages of this thread. :P I have had about 650 transactions on ebay. About 50/50 Buyer/Seller This reminds me of the time I sold a $1.99 classics illustrated comic to someone and missed a small piece out of the back cover.

What did you grade the book? Near Mint? How small was the piece you missed?

If you graded it Near Mint, and there was a piece out of the back cover, then it wasn't Near Mint, was it?

Why is this so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to actually provide what it is that you SAY you'll provide?

If your dry cleaner missed a spot on your shirt, and you needed it for an important meeting, would you be ok if your dry cleaner said it was "just a spot, get over it you troublemaker" and then banned you from their business?

And do you think a small piece out of the back cover is comparable to a book that has been color touched the entire length of the spine.....?

If you didn't assign a grade, then you were right to block the bidder (though, if they, like I, got damaged books from you that wasn't disclosed, I'd never, ever bid on your items again, which is why I think blocked bidder is so laughable.)

I let him keep the comic and sent him a refund plus shipping after recieving threats of neg. feedback from him. (to retain my 100% Pos. feedback)

Let's turn the tables a bit here....how did you respond to him in the first place? If you graded it Near Mint (let's assume, here) and you sent a book that was missing a piece, then YOU ALREADY SCREWED UP. You were ALREADY "in the hole", so to speak. So the buyer had a right to be upset.

Did you tell him to off, or something along those lines? People don't ****usually**** (and neither do I) threaten negative feedback unless and until you dig your heels into the ground.

Why did you block him when YOU made the error? (Because, let's face it....the dollar amount doesn't matter...if you didn't disclose significant damage like PIECES MISSING, even if you didn't grade it, then you screwed up.)

I don't know how to block bidders, so please don't bid on any items I might choose to sell.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Here's the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#blocking

Click the "Blocking a bidder/buyer" link, sign in if you haven't, and then add the user id you wish to block and hit "submit". Simple.

What is your seller id, so I can add you to my blocked seller's list?

This is like driving by a car wreck. You don't want to look, but you do anyway because you might miss something.

I'm with you. Don't even know why I'm reading anymore, but can't stop!

For the record...I left Flying Donut a positive for refunding my money, all of it, even after he got gruff.
So does this mean that Donut wasn't polite and said Your Welcome?

ROFL!

I love belligerent obstinance. SO productive!

Had Donut been polite you would have negged him. Is this what you are saying? (shrug)

Hey....you....yeah, the crazy one who's being a smartass....NEITHER seller was being polite. If you don't understand what being "snide" means, there's a dictionary.com for ya.

Hey can someone post the bird that says he's coocoo for coco puffs?

I'm more of a Trix are for kids kinda guy....

So you are for Trix-ing *coughscamming* and not coocoo?

Yeah, I'm totally scamming.

I'm a big fat scammer.

I sell people books graded MINT!!! that have been eaten off of.

No, honest.

I also send people PICTURES of books, instead of the actual books.

I also send restored books out as unrestored.

(For the sarcasm impaired, the entire post above was, in fact, sarcasm. Thank you.)

I just read all 15 pages of this thread. :P I have had about 650 transactions on ebay. About 50/50 Buyer/Seller This reminds me of the time I sold a $1.99 classics illustrated comic to someone and missed a small piece out of the back cover.

What did you grade the book? Near Mint? How small was the piece you missed?

If you graded it Near Mint, and there was a piece out of the back cover, then it wasn't Near Mint, was it?

Why is this so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to actually provide what it is that you SAY you'll provide?

If your dry cleaner missed a spot on your shirt, and you needed it for an important meeting, would you be ok if your dry cleaner said it was "just a spot, get over it you troublemaker" and then banned you from their business?

And do you think a small piece out of the back cover is comparable to a book that has been color touched the entire length of the spine.....?

If you didn't assign a grade, then you were right to block the bidder (though, if they, like I, got damaged books from you that wasn't disclosed, I'd never, ever bid on your items again, which is why I think blocked bidder is so laughable.)

I let him keep the comic and sent him a refund plus shipping after recieving threats of neg. feedback from him. (to retain my 100% Pos. feedback)

Let's turn the tables a bit here....how did you respond to him in the first place? If you graded it Near Mint (let's assume, here) and you sent a book that was missing a piece, then YOU ALREADY SCREWED UP. You were ALREADY "in the hole", so to speak. So the buyer had a right to be upset.

Did you tell him to off, or something along those lines? People don't ****usually**** (and neither do I) threaten negative feedback unless and until you dig your heels into the ground.

Why did you block him when YOU made the error? (Because, let's face it....the dollar amount doesn't matter...if you didn't disclose significant damage like PIECES MISSING, even if you didn't grade it, then you screwed up.)

I don't know how to block bidders, so please don't bid on any items I might choose to sell.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Here's the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#blocking

Click the "Blocking a bidder/buyer" link, sign in if you haven't, and then add the user id you wish to block and hit "submit". Simple.

What is your seller id, so I can add you to my blocked seller's list?

Not that I feel the need to defend myself for you, but I graded the book VG It was probably VG- I told the buyer how sorry I was and he could keep the book and I would send him a full refund plus shipping.

My ebay user Id is comicdonna

I personally think you have a lot of growing up to do. Fortunately for me, if you get to be too much of a bother, I can just put you on ignore.

I can't believe that you would compare someone to Daniel Dupcak, who bilked several people out of thousands and thousands of dollars over many years, to a guy selling a thirteen dollar and some odd cent funny book on ebay.

I can't believe you dismiss fraud just because it's on a smaller scale.

Hitler had millions and millions and millions of people murdered, over many years.

So, then, is it ok if I just murder one or two people....? Cause that's what you're saying, here. It's just one or two people, they'd never be missed! How about if it's a couple of homeless people...? Surely THAT would be ok, right?

And DO pay attention, please...it wasn't a "thirteen dollar and some odd cent"...it was well over $40 for both books. And it wouldn't matter if it was 10 cents. Fraud is fraud is fraud is fraud.

I can't believe that you would compare someone to Daniel Dupcak, who bilked several people out of thousands and thousands of dollars over many years, to a guy selling a thirteen dollar and some odd cent funny book on ebay.

Enabler... :makepoint:

Well, you finally got SOMETHING right.

I can't believe you dismiss fraud just because it's on a smaller scale.

Hitler had millions and millions and millions of people murdered, over many years.

So, then, is it ok if I just murder one or two people....? Cause that's what you're saying, here. It's just one or two people, they'd never be missed! How about if it's a couple of homeless people...? Surely THAT would be ok, right?

And DO pay attention, please...it wasn't a "thirteen dollar and some odd cent"...it was well over $40 for both books. And it wouldn't matter if it was 10 cents. Fraud is fraud is fraud is fraud.

Godwin's Law!!!! :makepoint:

Especially if the seller was happy with his grade....maybe he was. The seller probably thought he was going above and beyond to offer great customer service. Thats the problem with ebay, all those darn personalities.

Isn't fraud intentional and a mistake is when you refund someone their money, plus their shipping charges and everyone says; Sorry, Thank You and Your Welcome.