• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there.....

910 posts in this topic

At what point do you realize that some of it must be you?

So, you're saying it's ok to sell a restored comic without disclosing that it's restored...?

Right?

That it "must be me", and I shouldn't get upset that someone lied about the condition of their item to get more $$$ from me?

Come on.

I am not trying to be mean or anything but I looked at those auctions and they were suspect at best.

How were they suspect?

Your descritpion of the comics seem like what was described by the seller and the pictures would have scared me off. You got the comics at a fair price for comics in that condition.

Where's that head banging against the wall emoticon....?

What part of "it doesn't matter WHAT price was paid, if the comics were not as described" is unclear?

I'm not trying to be mean, but are you kidding? Do you honestly believe, had the seller disclosed the restoration on the Batman #113, that it would have sold for $27?

It WOULD NOT, because *I* wouldn't have bid on it. I can guarantee you, the others wouldn't have bid as high, EITHER.

What is a "VG-ish" Batman #113 that has been destroyed by marker worth?

Answer: not $27.

Most ebay sellers don't tell the whole story on their items....you have to expect that. Yes you do, thats why the items sell for so much cheaper then every where else.

No, you don't. I expect sellers to be honest. Crazy me. The items sell for "so much cheaper than everywhere else" PARTLY because of the RAMPANT overgrading, but also because...here's a big shock...SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

I just saw a CGC 5.5 Spidey #46 sell for $24.75. Guide for that book is approximately $40.

But wait, it was CGC GRADED, so that's not a factor.

What, then?

Could it be that comics have been "overpriced" for DECADES, just so some could justify their prices? That those "prices" aren't REALLY what the items are actually worth?

NAH.

COULDN'T BE.

90% of the comics on ebay are a gamble.

They are a gamble because few people are willing to stand up to overgraders.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Unless its graded by cgc then you are putting trust in someone who probably don't know how to grade or would rather only tell what they have to.

I don't disagree with you about being honest with your feedback. I wish more people were honest so these bad sellers are flagged for honest buyers. I know of alot of people who don't leave a neg feedback because they know they will get one right back. However in the transaction you are complaining about I wouldn't have.

I almost didn't, either. But the guy decided, after all he'd screwed up, to be a jerk, so I decided to let others know that he sold restored books as unrestored, and overgraded.

As long as I got my refund I wouldn't have give him a neg. I would either give a positive with a note saying comics were over graded but I received a refund or I would have left him a neutral with a similar note.

Neutrals are nothing but weak negatives. There is no such thing...well, ok, there IS, but it's incredibly rare....as a "positive neutral", where someone was satisfied, just not THAT satisfied.

I rarely leave neutrals, unless I'm fully prepared to get a negative back.

I can't believe that you would compare someone to Daniel Dupcak, who bilked several people out of thousands and thousands of dollars over many years, to a guy selling a thirteen dollar and some odd cent funny book on ebay.

I can't believe you dismiss fraud just because it's on a smaller scale.

Hitler had millions and millions and millions of people murdered, over many years.

So, then, is it ok if I just murder one or two people....? Cause that's what you're saying, here. It's just one or two people, they'd never be missed! How about if it's a couple of homeless people...? Surely THAT would be ok, right?

And DO pay attention, please...it wasn't a "thirteen dollar and some odd cent"...it was well over $40 for both books. And it wouldn't matter if it was 10 cents. Fraud is fraud is fraud is fraud.

Godwin's Law!!!! :makepoint:
From Wikipedia: Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage that Mike Godwin formulated in 1990. The law states:[2]

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law. It is considered poor form to raise arbitrarily such a comparison with the motive of ending the thread.

But if you believe in your comments, shouldn't you have stayed with the one id and stand up for what you have previously commented on. This looks like you are trying to hide your previous ID and history to me.

Nope. I already explained why.

And no one's asked me what ID that was, so how is it "trying to hide it"?

Here's the reality: most consistent scams are for less than $100.

Did you know that 87.3% of internet facts are made up? hm

I thought it was 93.72%....when did that change?

And yeah, most consistent scams are for less than $100. Sheer volume alone should tell you that.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OK, so this has now gone waaaaay beyond ridiculous, the most insane aspect being the constant comparisons to Danny Dupcak.

This is nothing more than a red herring, it's apples and oranges, end of.

Danny Dupcak/Richard Koos/Perry Stroud has sold hundred and hundreds and hundreds of high-grade, high-tickets items over many, many years that he himself had skillfully restored. His 'business model' if you will, was designed solely to pass off Frankenbooks as gem mint virgin goods. He established a well-documented track record for knowing and willful fraud.

On the other side of the comparison, we have your $27 book in something less than VG, where the seller has missed a colour touch. You have no details of pattern or track record, you have not one single iota of evidence that it was deliberate or that there was any awareness involved. Additionally, unlike everyone having their own 'Danny story', I haven't heard anyone pipe up with details of a similar incident.

To compare the two, and conclude that we here are negligent (and in some case should just up and leave the hobby) because we don't agree that the seller should be strung up by his bollocks and have peeled peppers shoved down the eye of his :censored: is inane, facile and borderline psychotic.

After digging through this guy's past eBay transactions and contacting some sellers who were kind enough to give me his contact information. I was then able to "Google" his name and came across this picture of him on his myspace site:

1f407f32.jpgdoh!

WE'RE ALL VERY SORRY FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING YOU EARLIER SIR, PLEASE DON'T KILL US! :cry:

After digging through this guy's past eBay transactions and contacting some sellers who were kind enough to give me his contact information, I was able to "Google" his name and came across this picture of him:

1f407f32.jpgdoh!

WE'RE ALL VERY SORRY FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING YOU EARLIER SIR, PLEASE DON'T KILL US! :cry:

lol

Not that I feel the need to defend myself for you, but I graded the book VG It was probably VG- I told the buyer how sorry I was and he could keep the book and I would send him a full refund plus shipping.

If it fell within the range you gave, even with the piece missing, then you were absolutely right to block the ID, and I'm sorry you had to put up with an unreasonable buyer. I don't do that, and have never done that. If it's within a half grade, that's within reason, and we're good. If it's a grade or more, we have issues.

If it didn't fall within that range, then you were wrong.

My ebay user Id is comicdonna

Hmmm...that sounds familiar....

I personally think you have a lot of growing up to do.

Why are comments like this necessary? Why do you feel the need to try and shame me into silence? I'm standing up for what I believe is right, and I'm not doing it for myself alone: I'm doing it for all the people who've ever gotten ripped off, and HOPEFULLY to stop some people from getting ripped off in the future.

That's "immature"? That means I "have growing up to do"?

What on earth would lead you to make a comment like this?

And...have you not noticed the rampant insults that have been flying at me by people who disagree with me?

What purpose does throwing out random and inaccurate insults like this do, other than to fan the flames of discord and strife? I personally think that anyone who unnecessarily creates discord and strife, such as you have done here, has far more growing up to do than I.

Fortunately for me, if you get to be too much of a bother, I can just put you on ignore.

Well, why waste time? Why not do it now? You've passed judgement on me, without knowing anything about me, so obviously I have nothing worthwhile to contribute....so why not just make me vanish now and be done with me?

I didn't neg the seller for saying "Your welcome."

I negged the seller for saying "Up yours" using the words "Your welcome" (poor spelling and all.)

Why you cannot grasp this, I just don't know.

Hey thanks for clearing it up for me ...I get it now... hm

UP YOURS!

hm

Especially if the seller was happy with his grade....maybe he was. The seller probably thought he was going above and beyond to offer great customer service. Thats the problem with ebay, all those darn personalities.

Guys....hello? Anybody paying attention here? The book was marked up and down the spine with a pink marker.

That's called "color touch" and it counts as "restoration."

Nothing you can say will change that.

Whether the seller made an actual mistake (not likely, with the book in hand, unless you're lazy or incredibly incompetent) or did it on purpose.

Which is it?

Lazy?

Incompetent?

Deceitful?

Cause it ain't anything else, and all three are bad....the last one's just worse.

I can't believe that you would compare someone to Daniel Dupcak, who bilked several people out of thousands and thousands of dollars over many years, to a guy selling a thirteen dollar and some odd cent funny book on ebay.

Hitler had millions and millions and millions of people murdered, over many years.

So, then, is it ok if I just murder one or two people....? Cause that's what you're saying, here. It's just one or two people, they'd never be missed! How about if it's a couple of homeless people...? Surely THAT would be ok, right?

And DO pay attention, please...it wasn't a "thirteen dollar and some odd cent"...it was well over $40 for both books. And it wouldn't matter if it was 10 cents. Fraud is fraud is fraud is fraud.

From Wikipedia: Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage that Mike Godwin formulated in 1990. The law states:[2]

As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.There is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's Law. It is considered poor form to raise arbitrarily such a comparison with the motive of ending the thread.

Sorry. My bad. ;)

Let's just use Stalin.

Stalin murdered millions of people, yadda yadda, is it ok for me to murder one or two?

The guy said "Dupcak stole thousands over many years, how can you compare?"

I pointed out that crime is crime, regardless of its scope.

:signfunny: (thumbs u

Especially if the seller was happy with his grade....maybe he was. The seller probably thought he was going above and beyond to offer great customer service. Thats the problem with ebay, all those darn personalities.

Guys....hello? Anybody paying attention here? The book was marked up and down the spine with a pink marker.

That's called "color touch" and it counts as "restoration."

Nothing you can say will change that.

Whether the seller made an actual mistake (not likely, with the book in hand, unless you're lazy or incredibly incompetent) or did it on purpose.

Which is it?

Lazy?

Incompetent?

Deceitful?

Cause it ain't anything else, and all three are bad....the last one's just worse.

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front)

The guy refunded all your money to include the return shipping fee. You neg'd him.

Seller=did the right thing

You= pulled what's called a D ick move.

...a place on these boards to highlight thieving and non-restoration-disclosing sellers, to alert others to the potential for fraud...?

Thanks

This is your first post...

But 20 pages later, you've actually floated the idea that the seller might just possibly be 'lazy'?

I just knew there was a potential court case in this! :banana:

Oh, and on a small point of order...is it not slightly difficult to prove theft when all monies (shipping included) were returned upon request?

I mean, I'm no lawyer, but...y'know. (shrug)