• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

After reading the Letter Hacks column in 43, I'm struggling to find out what "major" event Kirkman HAD to tell in #43 that would have repurcussions for the future. Having relationship with Zombies? Maybe I'm missing it. I was a bit miffed about the same panels at the end, but at least he indicated those were "freebies".

Spoiler Alert

Following the No One Is Safe storyline the series will go in a new direction. Rick along with a few others are able to survive and escape from the assault on the prison. They decide to head to the Georgia Coast. There they find a large vessel. They load it with supplies and set sail in hopes of finding a secluded island free from zombies and human survivors. Hijinks will ensue in the Walking Dead: The Pirate Years. Dale "Peg Leg" Rogers becomes Captain of the vessel having advanced seamanship skills from serving in the Navy during Vietnam. First Mate Rick Grimes is fitted with a hook to replace his missing hand. Life at sea isn't as safe as they expected. Along the way they still encounter the walking dead as they board ships looking for supplies only to find the hull filled with flesh eating zombies. And if that's not bad enough the Governor is still alive and looking to finally finish the job after failing to kill everyone during the prison siege. Can Dale and the crew evade "One Eyed Phillie" for long on the open sea, or must Rick be dubbed Captain Hook? Find out in The Walking Dead: The Pirate Years.

After reading the Letter Hacks column in 43, I'm struggling to find out what "major" event Kirkman HAD to tell in #43 that would have repurcussions for the future. Having relationship with Zombies? Maybe I'm missing it. I was a bit miffed about the same panels at the end, but at least he indicated those were "freebies".

Spoiler Alert

Following the No One Is Safe storyline the series will go in a new direction. Rick along with a few others are able to survive and escape from the assault on the prison. They decide to head to the Georgia Coast. There they find a large vessel. They load it with supplies and set sail in hopes of finding a secluded island free from zombies and human survivors. Hijinks will ensue in the Walking Dead: The Pirate Years. Dale "Peg Leg" Rogers becomes Captain of the vessel having advanced seamanship skills from serving in the Navy during Vietnam. First Mate Rick Grimes is fitted with a hook to replace his missing hand. Life at sea isn't as safe as they expected. Along the way they still encounter the walking dead as they board ships looking for supplies only to find the hull filled with flesh eating zombies. And if that's not bad enough the Governor is still alive and looking to finally finish the job after failing to kill everyone during the prison siege. Can Dale and the crew evade "One Eyed Phillie" for long on the open sea, or must Rick be dubbed Captain Hook? Find out in The Walking Dead: The Pirate Years.

lol(worship):applause:

So, when is #46 hitting the streets? As it stands now, this arc is a bit on the slow side. Maybe it's just the wait in between issues. :shrug:

Unfortunately, no release date yet....I still like this arc though :)

From Kirkman's latest newsletter:

I'm currently working to get more Brit, Invincible, The Astounding Wolf-Man and The Walking Dead out the door... the holidays put a wrench in things a bit, so we're more behind than usual it seems, again... but I've got one goal in 2008 and that's to get my books on schedule across the board. So wish me luck.

Also, good news for those looking for info on his team-up with Todd McFarlane, "Haunt":

Probably, talking to Todd McFarlane today about HAUNT, so things are moving ahead nicely on that. I hope to see his finished first issue cover before the end of the month... though I doubt it'll be seen by the public any time soon. Maybe March.

I thought we would go full circle and end this thread with Walking Dead #48 since it is the end of the "No one is safe" arc.

You could read Harry Potter's book in advance...not a drop online on the outcome. arghh!