• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead: No One is Safe

458 posts in this topic

You're kidding right? Did someone actually depict a Zombie "doing" a cow? This sounds like one of those "winner" titles that just depict over the top gore and acts for shock value. My bet is that there isn't even a story here.

You're kidding right? Did someone actually depict a Zombie "doing" a cow? This sounds like one of those "winner" titles that just depict over the top gore and acts for shock value. My bet is that there isn't even a story here.

Not kidding... that was the whole opening scene to Cho's "Zombie King"...

Pharmaceutical company? Wow, sounds like a Resident Evil / Umbrella rip off.

Looks like Frank wanted to do a mini series. Wonder what happened?

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=49388

"Zombie King is a miniseries.

Zombie King #0 will be a one-shot at this point since I'm swamped with Marvel work. Once my Marvel work is done, I'll finish out Zombie King #1 - #20 (?).

Frank Cho"

I thought he originally intended it to be a maxi-series.

It wasn't too bad. I wish he would do more too.

Cow-lovin'. Yeah!

So back to the original question, anyone know the print run?

Surprised that so many people hadn't heard of it.

Pat

Thanks for the link. I found a torrent link to a cbr but there weren't enough folks hosting the file for me to get the entire download.

I think this has clearly gone off-topic...then again, "no one is safe" with cow lovin' zombies! lol

Read the book...and definitely set up an interesting situation, although the underlying plot is not unique, although the procreate twist to Zombies was amusing. I can't believe they actually took half the book just getting rid of the Zombie. Cho's art was actually pretty good; I've perused some of his "Good girl" art and thought he pulled it off well.

Still, it looks like someone pulled the plug on this. Anyone have the scoop?

Slightly on topic, but I just watched Resident Evil: Extinction, anyone else?

I watched it about a month ago and loved it.

Doesn't the scene from the high vantage point of the compound in the desert surrounded by thousands of undead zombies look oddly familiar???

I guess, but only in the way that all of these zombie movies, comics, and books all tend to be familiar.

Finally had a chance to catch up on the last 3 issues - holy mess that was a crazy story arc! I'll miss a few of the characters, but the series will be better off starting over with a new supporting cast.

As much as I love the book, the prison backdrop was starting to stagnate the plot. There are so many potentially cool scenarios to explore out there in zombie world and I look forward to Kirkman getting a chance to do so.