• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comicon - Forum Dinner

187 posts in this topic

Any chance we can try something a little less pricey than the steakhouse again?

As nice as it was, it was kinda pricey.

Anyone remember how hard it was to get drinks at the bar?

I know there are tons of places on the Inner Harbor.

The Cheesecake Factory is pretty good.

Actually, the Cheesecake Factory at the inner harbor is AWESOME! :headbang: Just ate there with my wife last weekend :cloud9:

Actually, the Cheesecake Factory at the inner harbor is AWESOME! :headbang: Just ate there with my wife last weekend :cloud9:

Cheescake is good, but very noisy and I don't think they take reservations.

Going to try my best to make it up there. :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:
Im in like Flynn if you are Chris!

I'd say it's looking pretty good if we can head out Friday afternoon (12pm or later). I'd like to get outta Charlotte and up past Statesville before rush hour traffic. From up your way, it's probably only about 6 hour drive.

damn, this is almost - almost i say - a dis on the order of "Mama Said Knock You Out" over here.

which hotels are near the Con and how much are they?

You wanna come with? I hadn't ever heard you mention Bmore. Besides, it was Arex's idea. :grin:

There are plenty of hotels near the con, but we'll be staying (most likely) with my pops or sis. Plenty o' room though. (thumbs u

if you think they'd be up for putting one more person up, then i'm pretty sure i'm coming with

Should I try Phillips across the harbor? I don't know if they have private rooms but I can check. I can also check with Shula's again. I thought that was pretty good though the room was cramped.

Mark,

how about McCormicks and Schmicks?

They are right in the middle of all the action, big enough to have a private room ( although I'm not sure ), and really highlight the best of the inner harbor......waterfront, great seafood, great atmosphere, nice but not "jacket required" nice. hm

(and I can help organize this if you need help :gossip: )

Steve

42056-rp-mccormick-and-schmicks.jpg.8f82fe213a7db3da3dae723508210a5c.jpg

I was having trouble finding a hotel for the weekend, it seemed that they were all sold out. I am going to just head home after the dinner and come back the next day, I mean I only live 1 1/2 hours from Baltimore.

If you are doing a head count for the dinner, I will have 2.

The first B'moreDinner (the one that I set up) was at Phillips. Wasn't an ideal location. Not really set up for private functions. It was very lound, cramped and hot. The worst forum dinner I've been to, for sure. But, "we' were trying to keep the cost under $50/head (and we were able to do that).

Mc & Schmicks does have private rooms, but it's a little bit of a distance from the Con. It was also expensive, but the forum dinners have grown quite a bit, so I think there should be enough people to cover the private rooms there and keep the cost below $100/head.

Shula's was the best B'more Con, IMO. The room was a little cramped, but a better option than Phillip's. I didn't ever see the private rooms at Mc & Schmicks, so could be good.

Is there a Maggiano's in Bmore? The Philly Dinners that BK set up there were always my favortie. The private room there was the most accomodating I've seen. Not sure if other Maggiano's are set up the same way though.

I think the price on the dinner needs be kept in reach of the average forumite. While I dont mind paying $75 for the Chicago dinner or $60 for B-More last year, it would be nice if we could keep it a little less expensive.

I know that will probably be tough and I know how hard one of these things can be to organize. Just something to keep in mind.

Arex

Will light rail or any mass transportation take me directly from BWI to the convention center? My flight arrives at 10:20 ish and I just want to head directly to the convention without renting a car.

You can probably bus it from there. Not too sure though. No light rail at BWI.

A cab ride would be a little pricey, but not outrageous as it's probably about 20 miles or so from BWI to B'more.

Where are you staying? Is your hotel downtown or is it at BWI?

You can probably bus it from there. Not too sure though. No light rail at BWI.

A cab ride would be a little pricey, but not outrageous as it's probably about 20 miles or so from BWI to B'more.

Where are you staying? Is your hotel downtown or is it at BWI?

No hotel yet. I would stay out by the airport if I did (my return fight leaves at 6 AM Sunday). I know it's early but it was the only way I could make part of the convention and forum dinner.

Anyone have an extra dealer pass they could loan me for 5 hours Saturday?