• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC report with some pictures

39 posts in this topic

hello all....

ok, after 15 wonderful hours of flights and airports, we have returned to Florida from wonderful San Diego...

Our little company debuted an exclusive Star Trek action figure there (WOK McCoy):

sdcc2007m.jpg

So, quite a bit of my time was spent in the little booth dishing out McCoy action figures....a few folks that dropped by to say hi, and that I had the pleasure of meeting were: RareHighGrade (Peter) and sacentaur (STEVE) and dizzyfox (John) and socratic wonder (Ronaldo and his girlfriend):

sdcc2007o.jpg

During the Wednesday Set up, I got to poke around the hall and take a few pictures, most are well known on the Boards...we'll start with one of my Favorites, Richard of Bedrock City:

sdcc2007a.jpg

followed by my friends Adam and Daniel (Filter81):

sdcc2007h.jpg

next were a couple of great guys...Jamie of SoCal and our own Mark Zaid:

sdcc2007l.jpg

popped by to see Vincent and the folks at Metro:

sdcc2007d-1.jpg

sdcc2007e.jpg

then ran into Brent of Quality Comix:

sdcc2007j.jpg

next was Harley Yee:

sdcc2007f.jpg

followed by Redbeard Ron P:

sdcc2007g.jpg

really liked the racks that System of a Down's John D (manager pictured) had:

sdcc2007b.jpg

sdcc2007c.jpg

the boys at A-1 comics

sdcc2007k.jpg

talked to John V for a little while...

sdcc2007n.jpg

finally made it by to see Robert B

sdcc2007i.jpg

and relieved him of these:

sdcc2007p.jpg

sdcc2007q.jpg

we took a ton of other pictures, but nothing to spectacular...

gator

I just logged on after a long day and it was very nice to read your report.

And to actually see comics.. at a comic convention!

Thanks for taking the time to write it up. And in keeping with the overall theme of the con and your new MCCoy figure, "Damnit Jim..I'm a comic book fan not a costumed freak."

(:

Ze-

sdcc2007b.jpg

For those of you that didn't make it, take a look at the two copies of Sensation #1 in the center of the picture. The one on the left is a CGC 9.4. :o

sdcc2007b.jpg

For those of you that didn't make it, take a look at the two copies of Sensation #1 in the center of the picture. The one on the left is a CGC 9.4. :o

sdcc2007r.jpg

I think I know the book. None Pedigree, right? [The unrestored copy]

yep, it was a private sale, non pedigree, JD told me....whitest Sens 1 I have ever seen....

gator

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

I loved seeing them.

:applause:

my pleasure...I am missing some pics-might be on my wife's camera (like Ted of Superworld, Steve Ritter, Bob of HighGrade,, a shot of Filter81's table with an Action 1, Tec 27, Superman 1, Whiz 1, etc)...will post them when I download them...

gator

Its a shame. That Sensation cover was worthy of being a first app cover.I alway thought All Star 8 was a very bland cover for her 1st app, but the trophy that goes to a bland 1st app cover would go to Pep 22 [1st archie]

Its a shame. That Sensation cover was worthy of being a first app cover.I alway thought All Star 8 was a very bland cover for her 1st app, but the trophy that goes to a bland 1st app cover would go to Pep 22 [1st archie]

I think Pep 22 has a great cover. A spiked Nazi boot coming down on our heroes. Pretty cool war cover I think.

FYI,

The Archie booth was handing out various copies of their digests including the 1 reprinting Pep #22 and Archie #1. Bechara Maalouf was displaying the original art splash pg with Veronica on it at his booth. Amazing! :golfclap:

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos.

I loved seeing them.

:applause:

my pleasure...I am missing some pics-might be on my wife's camera (like Ted of Superworld, Steve Ritter, Bob of HighGrade,, a shot of Filter81's table with an Action 1, Tec 27, Superman 1, Whiz 1, etc)...will post them when I download them...

gator

will be waiting for them. thanks for the post Rick. :headbang:

great photos. so, what were your impressions of the show?

really kind of tough for me to say, comic wise, as I was 90% down on row 200 in our little booth....our traffic was extremely "high" the entire show, except Saturday.....when I did get a chance to stop by the GA pavillion, it was always walkable (unlike the aisles, etc, which were always jammed with folks)....I know some big sales were happening (sales on single books in the $20K, to $30K to $40K + range), and I heard one dealer, on close up Sunday say he sold 1/2 of his "common" stuff and was very happy sounding...

I can't report on individual dealer sales, because I just wasn't around enough...but I am sure once Bedrock, etc return, they will post some reports

gator