• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

Can someone be so kind who has perhaps completed a run of JIM to send me a PM as to which books they felt were the toughest to obtain for their run? I would appreciate it and a future thanks to any help!

Easily JIM #84, at least in high grade. They're all readily available in mid grades and below.

After that ish, high grade copies of 90-95 are all challenging.

Lowest census numbers above 7.0 belongs to 91 I believe. Lowest census numbers 9.0+ is absolutely 84. I found 84, 87, 91, 93 and 94 pretty tough.

I had a 50% completed Journey run about 6 years ago. Here is the list of what I had. I'd say anything from 83 - 96 in 9.0 or higher is a pain. 84 being the toughest next would be the 94 and 95.

85 - 9.0

88 - 9.0

91 - 9.2

96 - 9.2

97 - 9.0

98 - 9.2

99 - 9.2

100 - 9.0

101 - 9.2

102 - 9.0/9.2?

108 - 9.2 (Mass)

109 - 9.0

110 - 9.2

111 - 9.0

115 - 9.2

117 - 9.0/9.2 (raw/stolen)

121 - 9.4

124 - 9.2

I sold everything and bought OA.

Can someone be so kind who has perhaps completed a run of JIM to send me a PM as to which books they felt were the toughest to obtain for their run? I would appreciate it and a future thanks to any help!

Easily JIM #84, at least in high grade. They're all readily available in mid grades and below.

Thank you Namisgr. I would have thought some pre-hero books would be the toughest to find too. We will see!

As for the Thor "Super Hero" books...the toughest in HG are (in the following order) 84/94/95/85/87/89/91...my personal Census check as of January of this year...all of these books 20 copies or less in 9.0 or better...

Then 90/93/83/88/92...97 and 104...

As for the issues 1-82...insanely difficult in HG...and in this case I adjusted HG to 7.0 or greater in terms of my data and still insanely rare...

PM me your email address and I'll send you my excel spreadsheets detailing all of this...will save you several hours researching anyway...

(thumbs u

t

Also to answer another one of your questions...you need to actually cruise the previous 122 pages of this thread...lots of love for the 1-82 Pre-Hero JIMs...

And be sure to check out the "Pre-Hero" Silver Comics thread...lots 'o JIM 1-82 goodness in that one as well... :headbang:

Thank you Namisgr. I would have thought some pre-hero books would be the toughest to find too. We will see!

As for the Thor "Super Hero" books...the toughest in HG are (in the following order) 84/94/95/85/87/89/91...my personal Census check as of January of this year...all of these books 20 copies or less in 9.0 or better...

Then 90/93/83/88/92...97 and 104...

As for the issues 1-82...insanely difficult in HG...and in this case I adjusted HG to 7.0 or greater in terms of my data and still insanely rare...

PM me your email address and I'll send you my excel spreadsheets detailing all of this...will save you several hours researching anyway...

(thumbs u

t

Also, anyone else who wants the speadsheets (they are excel spreadsheets so you can use them and update them to current cencus etc just PM me your email address and I am happy to send... (thumbs u

Also, anyone else who wants the speadsheets (they are excel spreadsheets so you can use them and update them to current cencus etc just PM me your email address and I am happy to send... (thumbs u

Thanks for the offer, PM sent! :thumbsup:

I looked through some of the pages and there are some impressive books from fellow board members. I'm happy to see these books are in good homes.

Yes 84 is very tough in high grade.

:cloud9:

JourneyIntoMystery84CGC9_2OWW1032398001-1.jpg

Nothing like Stan Lee's name scribbled across the cover... :pullhair:

At least its signed in about the best possible place. Plus with this being the only 9.2 and only 3 higher, Roy's options were limited.

At least its signed in about the best possible place. Plus with this being the only 9.2 and only 3 higher, Roy's options were limited.

Yup, I bought it with the sig there and although I'd have preferred it to be without a sig as soon as I saw the book I had to have it, knowing I may never get a shot at a nicer copy.

The next best copy I'd seen before this one was an 8.5 copy about 4 years ago.

What's that selling for Roy? (not in my price range but curious)

I've got it on eBay for a really high price but I don't' expect it to sell for that.

I'd value it realistically around the $22K range, right between about $9-10K for a 9.0 and the $36K that Doug's 9.4 fetched.

Good luck with the sale!

I don't want it to sell. :gossip:

I just have such a small inventory that I often put up books (special ones) to attract some attention. I've priced the book aggressively because I'm not in a hurry to part with it.

Good luck with the sale!

I don't want it to sell. :gossip:

I just have such a small inventory that I often put up books (special ones) to attract some attention. I've priced the book aggressively because I'm not in a hurry to part with it.

but..but...what if by chance I win the lottery and then click the "buy it now" button just because I can like the commercials say? Would you be ticked off because someone paid your price or would you be happy rolling in the money on your bed?? hm