• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

Slab it!!! It's a beaut!

....probably what I'll do....before I mess it up. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Slab it to get the resto and grade confirmation and then crack it out and put it back in a mylar as you will be able to appreciate much better. (thumbs u

Was updating my "Toughest in HG" JIM spreadsheet from last January/a year ago...no change to the top 10 issues...as far as order only issue 89 changed from 20 books to 23 so dropping down a couple notches (which would be expected to be one of the most submitted books of the top 10)...

JIM 84 remains the toughest with just one 9.0 added in past year (brown cover!) My standard for "toughest" is CGC graded books 9.0 and above...

84 6

94 14

95 19

85 20

87 20

91 20

90 22

89 23

93 24

83 25

Of these, only 9 books were added to the census in the last year...

84(1) 9.0

94 No change

95 (2) 9.0

85 No change, but 2 9.0s were re-subbed to 9.2

87 No change, but 1 9.4 was re-subbed to a 9.2

89 (3) one 9.4, one 9.2, one 9.0

91 No change

90 No change

93 (2) one 9.4, one 9.0

83 (1) 9.0

I have a spreadsheet if anyone wants it send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the excel file.

Edited by trmoore54

Hello, I have not posted on these boards in awhile, but I wanted to take a moment to appreciate that when the latest Clink auction ends, my favorite comic book will have a new owner. It's the one on the right. While it's the same grade and white page quality as the Twin Cities Pedigree, and neither one has been pressed, this particular copy is (slightly) brighter.

IMG_0575.jpg

I will miss it. I tried to acquire one of the 9.4 copies of JIM 85 last year, too, but came up short. For now, all I can afford to pay is attention ;)

The work that you have done over years (even decades) to maintain and grow your comic collections astounds me, and while it's probably not said often enough, I hope you keep up the great work for future collectors and admirers.

Michael

Beautiful 85s! Too bad you sold one but you still have the other!

I just subbed several JIMs and should have them back at the end of next month.

I'll post pics and grades once they come in!

Edited by Mark 1

Hello, I have not posted on these boards in awhile, but I wanted to take a moment to appreciate that when the latest Clink auction ends, my favorite comic book will have a new owner. It's the one on the right. While it's the same grade and white page quality as the Twin Cities Pedigree, and neither one has been pressed, this particular copy is (slightly) brighter.

IMG_0575.jpg

I will miss it. I tried to acquire one of the 9.4 copies of JIM 85 last year, too, but came up short. For now, all I can afford to pay is attention ;)

The work that you have done over years (even decades) to maintain and grow your comic collections astounds me, and while it's probably not said often enough, I hope you keep up the great work for future collectors and admirers.

Michael

Didn't see this when 1st posted...double :cloud9::cloud9: !!