• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying on ComicLink

42 posts in this topic

ComicLink's site requires sellers to send their sold comics to ComicLink within 5 business days, but it doesn't note how long it takes to process the comics once they've arrived. I was wondering what the typical turn-around time is for books purchased from ComicLink.

I'd say average time is two weeks. A week for the seller to get it to CL, and another for CL to get it to you.

Some sellers procrastinate in shipping sold books to CL because they're hoping to sell more books and combine shipping.

I'd say average time is two weeks. A week for the seller to get it to CL, and another for CL to get it to you.

Some sellers procrastinate in shipping sold books to CL because they're hoping to sell more books and combine shipping.

i think this sums it up accurately.

I'm glad this thread came up. I just had an offer accepted for a book on CL. I got a notice saying it was accepted and then no instructions on what to do next? I guess they'll send me an email requesting payment eventually. (shrug)

I'm glad this thread came up. I just had an offer accepted for a book on CL. I got a notice saying it was accepted and then no instructions on what to do next? I guess they'll send me an email requesting payment eventually. (shrug)

(thumbs u

1. You place bids, and then submit it via an order.

2. You receive updated e-mails in regards to any book bids.

3. When the order is complete (ie all books have concluded the bidding process), you'll receive a total and request for payment.

So, if there are outstanding bids on other books in your order, you won't get a total.

:thumbsup:

I know they do inspect the books to make sure the grade is accurate before they ship it to you. (thumbs u

I`ve gotten around 100 books of comiclink over the last few years and don`t have any complaints except maybe alittle high shipping costs. doh!

1. You place bids, and then submit it via an order.

2. You receive updated e-mails in regards to any book bids.

3. When the order is complete (ie all books have concluded the bidding process), you'll receive a total and request for payment.

So, if there are outstanding bids on other books in your order, you won't get a total.

:thumbsup:

It's definitely a little different than the old feebay route. FYI-I actually did place a bid and the seller made a counter-offer to which I accepted. The last email I got was just verification that I had accepted his offer. The book is already slabbed so i'm not too worried about the grading. Although I emailed CL to ask about how to see the rest of the book as the bottom of the slab was cropped and I had read a horror story thread about getting a book where the pic didn't show the bottom and the bottom of the book was complete mess. I didn't get a response from CL on that one. Oh well. :wishluck:

I've found that their Focused Auction books arrive much sooner than the straight purchase ones. I got my last batch of auction purchases (10 lots) in just under 1wk, though I do only live on the other side of the state. hm I imagine that most of those books are "straight consigments" vs. "from seller-->to CLink--> out to buyer" sales. 2c

The S/H is higher, but you can easily dollar-cost-average down that w/ anything more than 4 CGCs (which is $20). Yet, for the shipping $$ all of my pkgs. have been "bullet proof" and have had no issues just yet! :wishluck:

I like CLink, but just wish that I wouldn't find soooo many that I'd like all at once... (thumbs u

Comic Link is a great source for books although the prices can be higher. I have experienced 3 weeks on shipping lately and placed an order August 8, 2007 that I haven't received today, August 23, because the Seller hasn't sent them the book yet--so I won't get it anytime soon. That book is a part of a two part order so it gets held until the slow seller gets around to shipping. I would buy from them, if you are not in a hurry, and I usually don't mind waiting, but if the same book is available on ebay with a prompt shipper, I would go there first. I am the first to admit that they get books there that you cannot find elsewhere and you will get the book, but the system is a little clumsy.

Often, sellers will wait to see if they sell any more books and ship them all at once. Shipping and insurance adds up after a while.

Angelo

Exactly. And it's on their dime too. I think 2-3 weeks is acceptable. CL doesn't charge your CC until it ships...so no worries there.

ComicLink's site requires sellers to send their sold comics to ComicLink within 5 business days, but it doesn't note how long it takes to process the comics once they've arrived. I was wondering what the typical turn-around time is for books purchased from ComicLink.

I like it when the BIN is, say $200 and you bid, say $175 and you get a counteroffer back for $200... lol (uh...gee...thanks...)

Shipping is steep at $14/book but they will ship up to 3 books for $14 so if you can manage to string 3 purchases together then that's a pretty good deal (of course, for the books I buy that's spending $500 instead of $150...I guess it's just like when I go to Vons for a bottle of wine and they offer 10% off if you buy a half-dozen so I end up buying the half-dozen...) doh! (But the packaging is bullet-proof!)

I've probably purchased somewhere around 40-50 books from them and I've been very pleased in general...what I usually do when they send me the winning invoice is tell them I'm going to get a money order and pay them about a week out...Perhaps I've been lucky but I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks for my books to arrive (90+% of the time within 3-4 days)... :banana:

I sell on comiclink, and it is nearly impossible to get them a book within 5 days unless you use priority mail, and it does get expensive. Say you list a book for 75.00, sell it for 65.00, give comiclink a 6.50 commission, and then pay 8.00 for priority mail to get them the book. Almost not worth selling the book.

Once again, that is why prices are generally a little high on comiclink, and ebay too for that matter.

Ok, well, I paid dirt cheap prices for my copies of ASM 20 and 26 ($14 and $7 respectively), but found the shipping took about 2 1/2 weeks-- a little slow for my liking. Still, it was some of the best packaging I've seen, so albeit pricey and slow, I'm walking away from my first ComicLink transaction pleased. Besides, from what I understand, CL inspects the books to ensure they are in fact the grade they were listed as being. So... considering the absolute crapshoot that eBay can be, this is a good alternative to our (even better) Seller's forum.

I sell on comiclink, and it is nearly impossible to get them a book within 5 days unless you use priority mail, and it does get expensive. Say you list a book for 75.00, sell it for 65.00, give comiclink a 6.50 commission, and then pay 8.00 for priority mail to get them the book. Almost not worth selling the book.

Once again, that is why prices are generally a little high on comiclink, and ebay too for that matter.

Why would you list a $75.00 book on there to begin with? :makepoint: