• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Got the word from CGC, the #62 got a 7.0

Saw that #6... wondered if you were gonna go after it. Good luck!

Wondered if Skypinkblu is going to try for that Sensation Comics 1 CGC 5.5 - closing in 17 hours+ - I recall she was in the hunt for one.

Hey, Wonder Woman fans!

Two pleas for help from Roy Thomas. Wonder Woman #2 & #49. Anyone?

Jack

Hi List--

Does anyone out there have a good scan of the Wonder Woman JJSA code message from 1942's WONDER WOMAN #2? The one I have is very fuzzy... and I'll send a copy of ALL-STAR COMPANION, VOL. 4, to the first person who sends me a good usable scan. Of course, I can only send one copy out for this, but I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks, all!

Roy

Hi List--

Thanks to those of you who sent copies of the JJSA code message from WONDER WOMAN #2, but apparently you were getting the page from the same flawed source my original correspondent did--probably microfiche. The message is too blurred to be used unless nothing else can be obtained. (A couple of folks suggested checking the DC Archives, but that page wasn't reprinted therein.) So I'm still hoping that someone out there has an actual copy of WW #2 from which the code message can be sent in exchange for a copy of THE ALL-STAR COMPANION, VOL. 4, next summer.

Also, I have in place the final panel of WONDER WOMAN #49, p. 11, as well--and since it, too, was taken from a fiche, it's really barely good enough (if that) for our purposes. Does anyone have a copy of WW #49 from which that page and/or panel could be sent, for the same exchange rate?

Thanks,

Roy

Yeah, the print runs on Wonder Woman were notoriously low through this time period, as DC had to keep the title active to maintain the copyright on the character, but sales didn't really justify it. Here's another:

wonderwoman66.jpg

They get scarcer as the numbers got into the 80's and 90's, but those are BEAUTIFUL copies!

Yeah, the print runs on Wonder Woman were notoriously low through this time period, as DC had to keep the title active to maintain the copyright on the character, but sales didn't really justify it. Here's another:

wonderwoman66.jpg

(worship)

wonderwoman66.jpg

They get scarcer as the numbers got into the 80's and 90's, but those are BEAUTIFUL copies!

since I only put the run together to issue 85, I would say that the 60-70's in anything other than gd, are down right next to impossible...strangely enough, the early silver age issues (80-90's) are also tough, but they seem to be more out there when compared to issues in the 50-70's...

in any event, all DC's non main tier (to a small degree even supes and bats) are tough from the 50's... WF, WW, etc, etc

lol..Rick, I ALWAYS go to you for numbers, you are one of my best and favorite sources...but, I only know what I've seen over the past 10 years or so...and I have had (have) doubles and triples of many of the books in the 60's, and 70's, but books in the 90's..I'm happy to have one with pages;)

lol..Rick, I ALWAYS go to you for numbers, you are one of my best and favorite sources...but, I only know what I've seen over the past 10 years or so...and I have had (have) doubles and triples of many of the books in the 60's, and 70's, but books in the 90's..I'm happy to have one with pages;)

I guess I was spoiled in my search, to see the Toronto books and the Toth books and that ebay collection come up... I saw at least 3 copies of every 80-100 available in the last year, and only 1 copy or less of the ones I needed lol