• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dinner At Eight or an Evening with RareHighGrade

70 posts in this topic

Love that Amazing Adult Fantasy. I use to think about naming a kid Tim Boo Ba but I thought that would be a little too much.

If your name were Goom, then you could name your kid GooGam son of Goom.

Thanks to Esquire, here's the group pic taken by tb:

Bedrock, AdamStrange, Nearmint, Esquire, RHG, Sacentaur.

Our tablecloth for the pizza was the Church set of Jumbo 1 - 8. :o

Group2.jpg

Love that Amazing Adult Fantasy. I use to think about naming a kid Tim Boo Ba but I thought that would be a little too much.

With those Jumbo Comics there, it makes you guys seem...well.... small....almost child like.

I echo the amazing time that we had at Peter's house. Thanks again!!

I did take this one picture:

Jumbo.jpg

Having been fortunate enough to see these at the "midnight showing" at Peter's place last year, I can confirm that the MH Jumbos are really unbelievable.

With those Jumbo Comics there, it makes you guys seem...well.... small....almost child like.

Several of our group did act childishly. Does that count?

Believe me, after seeing all those GREAT books the best I could mutter was a, "Goo goo, gaa gaa". :insane:

Group2.jpg

Adam, For some reason I thought only Steve was wearing a hat.

Yours is really cool!

Easy for you to say. You weren't the one that got hit by that stray zeta beam.

I don't think it was stray. I think he was aiming at you for not bringing anything to show off!

Group2.jpg

Adam, For some reason I thought only Steve was wearing a hat.

Yours is really cool!

OK...I notice that Adam Strange and Sacentaur are the only ones who don't have their arms folded. This means something I think. Everyone there looks smaller because of the oversized Jumbos and all but two have their arms folded. Also, there are some plates in the background and a golden chandeleir. This must mean something! The fact that young Zaid always looks so cherubic is freaking me out, as well. He could very well double as an assasin.A killer who has access because he's so nice and polite looking. Richard has a very genuine smile, he's probably a happy guy. Sacentaur isn't smiling at all....is he wondering why the three next to him have their arms folded? Adam Strange has very intense eyes and oh yeah, no one is overwieght, which is indeed rare in this hobby. Nearmint looks like he works out. What does all this mean? Other than I may have retired too young and am bored out of my mind.

Sacentaur isn't smiling at all....

For the same reason my arms are below the table...by that point, I had already been devoured by a legion of mosquitos (while eating pizza outside), and was itching the beejezus out of my legs! :cry:

(Uh oh, I think I just set myself up for a Flee-Marquette cartoon lol:busy: )

Everyone there looks smaller because of the oversized Jumbos

lol That`s a great point. If someone looked at the picture and didn`t realize that Jumbos in fact are jumbo-sized, he`d have thought this was a gathering of midget comic collectors.