• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What OA can you get for $300

97 posts in this topic

Won the original Paul Gulacy cover art to Eternal Warrior 35 last night on eBay for $150. Here's a scan of the published cover:

35-1.jpg

OA doesn't have any text, logo, etc. --- it's just the image shown of the arm lying in a puddle on the ground.

I just got this commission piece of the Gunslinger and some Slow Mutants (from Stephen King's Dark Tower books) for well under the $300 mark. It's done by Mike Wolfer, who is an artist for Avatar and a hell of a nice guy. Insanely fast turn around time. If anyone wants contact info for the artist, shoot me a PM. :)

gunslinger11.jpg

Got this one from him a few months ago...

commission.jpg

Another sub-$300 purchase (considerably under), not costly, but a big fave.

This one's from up and coming Top Cow artist Eric Basaldua also known as EBAS, from his stint on Magdalena.

Maggiebig.jpg

As Malvin previously noted, there's some jewels down in here (no pun intended), if you look hard and are lucky!

Best regards all.

- A

I really loved this thread and wanted to give it a bump. I posted links to these previously, but not images. In the spirit of Christmas...The Last Christmas, Rick Remender all under $300

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

John Cassaday Desperadoes. $125 if I remember correctly.

desperadoes.jpg

OT, but any other Christmas themed OA out there? Christmas is gonna suck for me this year, but I'm in the home stretch. (thumbs u

I picked this up on the cheap off ebay (especially for a 11x17 painted page). Mark Bloodworth has done some work on Deadworld and a few other horror books. This really did it for me for some reason. I've found myself more and more attracted to painted stuff recently. I wouldn't go in the water for months after seeing Jaws as a kid.

bloodworthfixed.jpg

OT, but any other Christmas themed OA out there? Christmas is gonna suck for me this year, but I'm in the home stretch. (thumbs u

vo7qyo.jpg

How's this for Christmas art? Ho. Ho. Ho. (Honestly, I can't recall how much this great commission by Buzz cost me.)

24fznk3.jpg

But this great Marvel Apes splash by Barry Kitson came home with me for under $300 ...

But this great Marvel Apes splash by Barry Kitson came home with me for under $300 ...

Wow that's Chimp Change. :applause:

And.....I wasted post #3000 on that crappy- joke. :acclaim:

Bought this from Bob Layton for $300 a few years ago (he did it in 2004, and I think I got it in 2005). He charges $500 for cover recreations these days, but you can commission some nice things from him for $300 or under. He does excellent work for the price, imho.

I was especially attracted to this because Bob described how he had utilized the pencils (or bluelines of the pencils) to the original cover by Jack Kirby and lightboxed his inks off them.

I think it looks better than the original published cover and maintains a lot of Kirby flavor.

kirbyim90recreation.jpg