• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 87 Triple Cover

16 posts in this topic

Interrrrresting storrrrry on this book -

I made an offer to buy this on Captain Tripps' site (Pedigree comics), got an email that the offer was accepted. Then Doug emailed me to tell me that the consigner had decided not to sell it, despite the accepted offer.

Hmmm. I guess the consigner did decide to sell it, just not to me...

:sumo:

I had several comics on consignment for a while on Pedigree. I sold appx ten and appx. two, Metal Men and the Avengers 87 were unsold. I don't remember accepting a offer on the Avengers 87. I just removed the comics from the consignment.

I would have no reason for not accepting a offer on the comic being that it was there to be sold?

Possibly the offer went in after I had notified that I will be delisting these two comics and the offer was lost in the shuffle.

I really don't know how respond any further to this. If you still want it bid away and I will ship it to you for free. That's the best I can do in this situation.

Interrrrresting storrrrry on this book -

I made an offer to buy this on Captain Tripps' site ...

:sumo:

Was this recently?

It was within the past 3 months. I don't have the exact date. It just seems like poor form to me.

I don't know whether "the problem" lies with Doug or with the consignor. I made a good faith offer which was accepted - it was about 3 to 5 days after I got the acceptance email that the offer was rescinded.

I had several comics on consignment for a while on Pedigree. I sold appx ten and appx. two, Metal Men and the Avengers 87 were unsold. I don't remember accepting a offer on the Avengers 87. I just removed the comics from the consignment.

I would have no reason for not accepting a offer on the comic being that it was there to be sold?

Possibly the offer went in after I had notified that I will be delisting these two comics and the offer was lost in the shuffle.

I really don't know how respond any further to this. If you still want it bid away and I will ship it to you for free. That's the best I can do in this situation.

Gee, thanks. (shrug)

I highly doubt beaumonts is lying to you or pulling a fast one.

Chances are you will get it for less then your initial offer from Ebay and he already offered you free shipping, so cut him some slack (shrug)

I checked and I cannot find any record of an offer, the comics were listed on March 30th 4 and a half months ago. I really don't understand why you would say I have "poor form" this seems to imply that I am lying. I do not appreciate this innuendo.

If I missed your offer or there was a mix up at Pedigree I apologize, but regardless if I seriously wanted a comic that was listed on Pedigree and it was delisted, I would have contacted Doug and I am sure he would have made both parties happy.

I'll tell you what I'll not only give you free shipping I will also give you ten percent off what ever the end total is.

I do not want to have any ill will, but all I wanted to do was list a comic on ebay and sell it period.

I checked and I cannot find any record of an offer, the comics were listed on March 30th 4 and a half months ago. I really don't understand why you would say I have "poor form" this seems to imply that I am lying. I do not appreciate this innuendo.

If I missed your offer or there was a mix up at Pedigree I apologize, but regardless if I seriously wanted a comic that was listed on Pedigree and it was delisted, I would have contacted Doug and I am sure he would have made both parties happy.

I'll tell you what I'll not only give you free shipping I will also give you ten percent off what ever the end total is.

I do not want to have any ill will, but all I wanted to do was list a comic on ebay and sell it period.

From your message, I am beginning to think this was a simple error of omission by Doug, and you as the consignor were "collateral damage". I know that Doug lists thousands of books, and things can slip through the cracks. From my standpoint, I responded positively to a counter offer, only to learn from email several days later that the book had been withdrawn.

It was poor form indeed, but apparently not on your part. I appreciate your apology, but it seems that you don't need to apologize - it's a book you own and you can do with it as you choose. Thank you for your offer of a discount and free shipping, but I agree with the prior listing that the book is likely to become part of the "gijoed" collection! Good luck on a strong sales price!

Hopefully, "nuff said".