• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Ghost - Art you can't find that you want

115 posts in this topic

There's a page form Conan the Barbarian, an issue in the mid-140's by Buscema, where Conan is in a dark tavern (as usual) and he drunkenly hefts up a heckler and says, "fellow,..." [next panel, throwing him through the air] "...GO AWAY!"

My friends and I just laughed and laughed at that scene (we were 11), and it was the first Conan comic I ever bought. I was hooked on Conan by Buscema, and began ravenously devouring comics. That was the start of my collecting.

Quoting Hal Turner from the Big Fish thread:

"But what about The Ghost? That's the piece that you want, that you cherish, that you know is out there SOMEWHERE...but that you've never been able to find? That never went to eBay, that isn't in CAF, that must exist somewhere in the universe -- but that you've never been able to find?

For me, The Ghost is as painful as The Big Fish. And my Ghost? I'd love a chance at the OA to the cover of Strangers in Paradise #1 (the Antarctic Press version)...wherever it is.... "

Off of the top of my head, it's the double page splash at the end of Uncle Sam by Alex Ross, and the piece at the end of the graphic novel with Uncle Sam and Britannia. Heck, it's impossible to track down most of the best stuff from that book to view, let alone buy.

Also, I've had zero luck trying to track down the cover to The Fountain, by Kent Williams.

A great deal of Bolland 2000AD work - i've been looking for years, and a lot is still underground (probably due to the fact it may, or may not, be stolen)

On the 2000AD theme, i'd love to find the Bryan Talbot Nemesis cover to Prog 487.

Also, I've had zero luck trying to track down the cover to The Fountain, by Kent Williams.

I would guess Kent or Aronofsky.

That'd make sense since I've heard nothing of it being sold to anyone, let alone a price.

I don't have any concrete information on the subject, but I know that Aronofsky commissioned James Jean to produce a very elaborate painting based on The Fountain for his private collection, so it would kind of follow that he'd want Kent Williams's cover as well.

I'm trying to find pages from the epic battle between the Thing and Dr. Doom from FF 40. I have three consecutive pages from that battle. Here are the pages I'd like to find and put together to have the full battle sequence:

ff40page14.jpg

ff40page15a.jpg

ff40page19.jpg

ff40page20.jpg

These pages would cost MAJOR coin if you found them, good luck!

Edited by BleekerBob

I cannot find any pages from Marvel Two-In-One Annual #7. It is the issue where the Champion summons the Thing, Hulk, Colossus and other heavy hitters to fight in a boxing match. It is one of my all-time favorite books, and cannot find any pages from it. If anyone owns one or knows where one is let me know.

Fantasy Wishlist...

Frankenstein Cover by Wrightson

Hulk #340 Cover

Spider-Man #1 by Mcfarlane

Amazing Spider-Man Covers #12,27,39,40,50,51 and 316

Wolverine Mini-Series #1 by Miller

Journey Into Mystery #87 Cover

Killing Joke Cover by Bolland

Dark Knight Returns #2 Cover

Hulk Annual #1 Cover

Wonder Woman #83 Cover by Bolland

Crime SuspenStories #20

About it for now, Of course there is more but all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'd like the Sub-Mariner Marvel Masterwork pin-up to FF 33. I suspect it is still with the complete book. Another page i've never seen or heard exist although it must , because i've seen so many interiors to the book is the pg.1 splash to Avengers 2.

I have a lot of art ( mainly Kirby) that I want and I'm sure if I had high roller $ status there would be plenty of private emails to my door.

Clem...

To follow along the same line as Clem's comment -- pages from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2 - because the Crime Master pin-up was up for auction from Sotheby's many years ago, this means that the book exists and is out there...could you imangine Ditko Spidey AND Dr. Strange...and there are some GREAT GREAT pages in that book...

However, I have heard stories of books where a certain number of pages show up and that's all that anyone knows about or has seen...which could mean that other pages were given away early on and lost forever or are buried deep in collections somewhere. Remember, Marvel would send pages to business clients far as Japan...so as far as we know, there's an entirely different OA sub-culture over there where children of these former high level executives have A+ pages on their wall or buried somewhere amongst other "trash" and aren't aware of what's going on here...

For me, right now, I would really like a nice Watchmen Rorschach page -- and I have plenty to trade as well...and I'm always looking for 60s/70s Kirby...

A few ghosts for me:

- You're probably sick of reading about this if you've paid attention to any of my posts on this forum, but the remaining color art to the New Mutants Graphic Novel by Glynis Wein. I picked up 29 of the 47 pages from Fanfare, but even Tom Fleming had no idea where the remaining pages are. Glynis may still have them so if anyone has contact information for her, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Original cover to Transformers #13 by (I believe) Herb Trimpe.

- Original cover art to Star Wars: Dark Empire by Dave Dorman. They're reportedly in the possession of one G. Lucas, so I'm probably out of luck :P

-Bob

Not a lot of specific pages that I am looking for, but, here are a few that I've never seen on the market:

John Buscema - Avengers 82 - any page!

Don Heck - Avengers 23, page 3

Gil Kane - ASM 90 page 12

Romita Jr. - Iron Man 126 - last page splash

And, on the, "I'll probably never be able to afford it", list is:

Gil Kane - ASM 105 cover

Best,