• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like pirhanas on a slab of fresh meat...

581 posts in this topic

...or perhaps like lemmings to the sea...

Avengers #72 - CGC 9.8

Yeah, yeah, I know it's the only 9.8 in the census, but that's just nutty... especially when you consider who the seller is.

Yup - coulda bought something good with all that cash. :doh:

It can be difficult to pull 9.8s from brand new books sometimes let alone books from over 30+ years ago.

Pressed or not, try finding 9.8s from that far back. At aint easy brother

It can be difficult to pull 9.8s from brand new books sometimes let alone books from over 30+ years ago.

Pressed or not, try finding 9.8s from that far back. At aint easy brother

I get that its all a question of supply and demand, but some of the prices realized still seem outlandish.

Why did the first post have to mention something about the seller? You can think what you want about someone paying 1500 for an Avengers 72....but was it necessary to use the realized price to take a poke at Matt? I think Matt is a nice guy. Pressing is what it is. You can like or dis-like the service he offers, but have a little class when you make a statement like that.

Scott

a 9.8 on a book that is not even cut squarely across the top. I can see the pages sticking up above the cover. that should automatically disqualify it from being a 9.8 in my opinion. it would if we were evaluating baseball cards or postage stamps.

Why did the first post have to mention something about the seller? You can think what you want about someone paying 1500 for an Avengers 72....but was it necessary to use the realized price to take a poke at Matt? I think Matt is a nice guy. Pressing is what it is. You can like or dis-like the service he offers, but have a little class when you make a statement like that.

Scott

crying.jpg