• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Adams is SOOOOO much better when he is inking himself.

So who do you think the worst Adams inker was?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other than Giodano, who did a pretty good job.

Adams is SOOOOO much better when he is inking himself.

So who do you think the worst Adams inker was?

Off the top of my head I can't think of any other than Giodano, who did a pretty good job.

Giordano did a great job. You really see the differences in the Original art. You can see all the ink lines and the techniques used. Also the art is larger than a comic sized page and none of that coloring used to cover up the artwork.

If you can't find Neal inked by Neal then Giordano is only a tiny step below.

I have owned pieces inked both ways and they are each something to cherish.

C

Who the inks for his Marvel stuff? Was it Palmer? I found it a notch below the DC work Giordano did.

Palmer inked him on his Avengers and X-men work, and while Palmer is a giant infuence on inkers over the last 25 years, it is certainly a different feel than Giordano's inks which were done in a style and with a philosophy similar to how Neal inked himself.

I rarely need much prodding (or any prodding) to show this page off. This is an example of why I love Neal Adams' artwork and why I think Giordano was his best inker when he didn't ink himself. So many subtle inking techniques that are lost or muddied when reading it on the comic and not seeing the original artwork.

AdamsN_Batman243p2.jpg

Yeah, really nice. You have to hand it to Giordano...not too many inkers can ink one of the masters and have it come out good. I always felt that he was true to Adams...he didn't impose himself on the art. It also seemed like they were uniquely compatible. Some of Giordano's work where he did both pencils and inks fools me for a second, and I have to look twice to realize it's not Adams.

Batman255.jpg

Who would ever be dumb enough to sell a book this nice.....?? (shrug)

:tonofbricks:

C

Batman255.jpg

Who would ever be dumb enough to sell a book this nice.....?? (shrug)

:tonofbricks:

C

someone very giving, very caring for the collections of others, someone "special" ^^

he has made many people very happy and the story behind it is funny as well. :D

Now you just need a GL #76 in 9.6........ :baiting:

I need a 76, period. I sold my 9.2 two years ago and have yet to feel good enough about buying a 9.4.

Its not my favorite so I have no problem waiting out the crowd.

Now you just need a GL #76 in 9.6........ :baiting:

I need a 76, period. I sold my 9.2 two years ago and have yet to feel good enough about buying a 9.4.

Its not my favorite so I have no problem waiting out the crowd.

:o Dover does not like the king of Adams BA books. lol