• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

(shrug) ......I take all my best girls out to the swamp on Friday night....it's a cheap date. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

swamp buggy racing!!!!

Just picked up this little gem on Heritage. Top 5 Adams cover IMO :cloud9:, and tough as nails in high grade. Only 9.4 in the census with a single 9.0 as runner up.

tomahawk116.jpg

sweet!

Man, did Neal ever lose his touch! It breaks my heart whenever I see anything he does these days. I pretty much have to tell myself it's just not the same guy. It's too depressing.

Now, for something completely different.

The first copy of Detective 411 I ever came across I purchased from a used book store in my home town in the early 1980s. It was only many years later that I discovered I owned the very rare sun-bleached variant. Funny thing is, though I've upgraded and sold off most of my lowest-grade original undercopies, I'm hanging on to this one, simply because I prefer the color scheme on this one over the originally-published version. (Too much yellow :P ). Any one else have a similar reaction, or is it just nostalgia getting in the way of my appreciation?

79739.jpg.4f09c609d5a3e3239effd09d56d4bb2f.jpg

79740.jpg.5940aa25a47d7b352e8b0f35899e387b.jpg