• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Lantern Collecting Thread.
6 6

1,526 posts in this topic

from heritage auction

Green Lantern #7 (DC, 1961) CGC NM 9.4 OWW pages....$7,767

How did this compare to boardee expectations?

Seems pretty high to me, considering I paid $5700 for the 9.6 copy in 2004 and people at the time thought I was insane. Of course, today it's a completely different era for GL.

from heritage auction

I am nether the buyer or seller so don't pull any punches.

don't know what people were thinking for this book- but based on other results this is the deadest "hot" title ever. the #9 9.2 went for 60% less than the last sale (probably because it looked like an overgraded POS). i picked up the #25 for exactly half the last GPA sale (and i probably overpaid). the #4 9.4 (a terrible looking 9.4) went for less than the MC 9.2.

I thought it would sell between $8-10K. I would have love to purchase it at around $6K.

The price seemed reasonable to me for two main reasons: 1) the pool of buyers for 9.0+ copies has dwindled a bit since the Mound City auction (I sold a 9.0 to the buyer who got outbid on the MC copy a couple of months later) and 2) there is a longstanding 9.6 that is the highest graded copy.

Judging by some of the other prices, it looks like the title is a bit soft right now which makes sense since a lot of HG copies of early issues have come onto the market over the past few months. In addition, some of these copies looked FUGLY for the grade - does this mean that collectors are finally focusing more on buying the book and not the label?

from heritage auction

Seems pretty high to me, considering I paid $5700 for the 9.6 copy in 2004 and people at the time thought I was insane. Of course, today it's a completely different era for GL.

Your old 9.6 at the top of the census is what held the price on this copy down a bit. lol

Ditto, It got what it deserved and demanded...a 9.4 is awful nice for a #7. :acclaim:

I will say it looked like a very decent copy, and most importantly was well-centered. Most HG copies I've seen (including the 9.6) are miswrapped.

I was the underbidder and didnt want to crack the 8K mark for the book. Long term just dont think the book is all that important to be worth whatever prices its currently getting. Still cant believe whoever has that 9.2 copy on Clink didnt take that 5K bid.

If the series seems soft now cant wait to see how prices are after the movie comes out next year.

I was the underbidder and didnt want to crack the 8K mark for the book. Long term just dont think the book is all that important to be worth whatever prices its currently getting. Still cant believe whoever has that 9.2 copy on Clink didnt take that 5K bid.

If the series seems soft now cant wait to see how prices are after the movie comes out next year.

that's lanier's copy on clink IIRC

that's lanier's copy on clink IIRC

Originally my old copy that sold for a "whopping" $1500 if I recall correctly on Clink in 2007.

I wonder what affect the successful execution of these plans will have on GL comics? hm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18565

Warner Bros Gearing for Green Lantern Mania

New information from the Time Warner shareholders meeting proves they are banking on Green Lantern to be their latest cross-media cash cow.

Last night, The Hollywood Reporter managed to get their hands on a few slides from the Warner Bros' investor meeting; a meeting which brought us definitive news of the studio's plans for Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman films.

One of the slides focused on their next superhero adaptation, Green Lantern, and the projected cross media campaign that will follow suit:

The Consumer Products and Games bullet points appear to go hand-in-hand with the Green Lantern film, which is scheduled for release June 17th, 2011. The most interesting points seem to be regarding two new animated ventures. During yesterday's meeting, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner Networks unit, Phil Kent, announced that Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been optioned to Cartoon Network. The slide, however, mentions that the cartoon will be of the Computer Generated variety; which gains more and more popularity with younger audiences.

The second, and most quizzical, reference is the Made-for-Video Green Lantern feature WB is planning to release a month before the live-action film hits theaters. Bruce Timm, the 'godfather' of Warner Bros. animation department, denied that any Green Lantern animated films were on the studio's production slate due to the first's under performance in sales; which contradicted earlier reports that a Green Lantern animated prequel, one that would focus on the creation of the DC universe and the Green Lantern Corps' place in it, was secretly being penned.

One thing is fairly certain, though; Warner Bros is putting a lot of stock into Green Lantern not just becoming one of their tentpole film franchises, but a household brand name along the lines of Batman.

Image courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter

I wonder what affect the successful execution of these plans will have on GL comics? hm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18565

Warner Bros Gearing for Green Lantern Mania

New information from the Time Warner shareholders meeting proves they are banking on Green Lantern to be their latest cross-media cash cow.

Last night, The Hollywood Reporter managed to get their hands on a few slides from the Warner Bros' investor meeting; a meeting which brought us definitive news of the studio's plans for Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman films.

One of the slides focused on their next superhero adaptation, Green Lantern, and the projected cross media campaign that will follow suit:

The Consumer Products and Games bullet points appear to go hand-in-hand with the Green Lantern film, which is scheduled for release June 17th, 2011. The most interesting points seem to be regarding two new animated ventures. During yesterday's meeting, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner Networks unit, Phil Kent, announced that Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been optioned to Cartoon Network. The slide, however, mentions that the cartoon will be of the Computer Generated variety; which gains more and more popularity with younger audiences.

The second, and most quizzical, reference is the Made-for-Video Green Lantern feature WB is planning to release a month before the live-action film hits theaters. Bruce Timm, the 'godfather' of Warner Bros. animation department, denied that any Green Lantern animated films were on the studio's production slate due to the first's under performance in sales; which contradicted earlier reports that a Green Lantern animated prequel, one that would focus on the creation of the DC universe and the Green Lantern Corps' place in it, was secretly being penned.

One thing is fairly certain, though; Warner Bros is putting a lot of stock into Green Lantern not just becoming one of their tentpole film franchises, but a household brand name along the lines of Batman.

Image courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter

I hope so :wishluck:

I think this plays out even better - he trains Hal in the first movie then joins with Parallax as the bad guy in the second one. Basically, a tragic flawed hero that falls and can potentially be redeemed in a later movie like Anakin/Darth Vader.

Speaking of Sinestro, I just picked up a package from CGC during lunch.

Let's have a little fun - guess what grade this book came back with (there is minor edge chipping on the back cover)?

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Edited by kimik

Let's have a little fun - guess what grade this book came back with (there is minor edge chipping on the back cover)?

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

GreenLantern7.jpg

GreenLantern7bc.jpg

Is now a good time to sell this book? I bought my Fine copy before all the hype hit.