• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

November Heritage Auction / C-Link Fall Auction

40 posts in this topic

Story I heard was Rich had several copies of that book and the copy being offered on CLINK was originally being used by him to level out a table. Only reason he is selling now is he finally got around to fixing the table.

The table is now perfectly level. But what should I do about that leaky faucet?

I hear Timely Schomburg covers are particularly absorbent.

So finally someone admits it......Timley's are just overpriced tampons!!! :baiting:

Just the Schomburg covers. I was going to make a crack about the fact that they are all red, but a momentary lapse of good caused me to do some deleting.

Story I heard was Rich had several copies of that book and the copy being offered on CLINK was originally being used by him to level out a table. Only reason he is selling now is he finally got around to fixing the table.

So finally someone admits it......Timley's are just overpriced tampons!!! :baiting:

Just the Schomburg covers. I was going to make a crack about the fact that they are all red, but a momentary lapse of good caused me to do some deleting.

:devil:

Richard, good luck on the auction of that masterpiece, wow!

Like the rest of you who posted, I have had the same positive experiences with ComicLink for awhile now. Josh knows what he is doing, and they're a really good outfit.

C-Link also has this in their auction...

mmannual.jpg

I hate to part with it. Hopefully it finds a good home.

What is the grade/pq on that 128pg anvil?

oh, it is horrible...you don't want it, you have no interest in it...might I recommend you stay FAR away from bidding on that POS :devil:

gator

Might throw a few "thrill bids" in on this POS. :cloud9:

hey

keep them to yourself, I tell you...richard does not want this to sell to high...he wants it to go really cheap to his ole buddy gator...

can't you all get that through your skulls!

gator

You can't really want this book either Gator; I mean, the thing is so busy it'll give you a siezure....you should pass on this poo!

unfortunately, I already passed on it when good ole Beddy offered it to me last week....I am just a poor man (I would love to live in Richard's world, but we are at different ends of the income spectrum)...

but, I will be bidding as strong as my piggy bank will allow me too!

gator

lol

Now, that with all do respect is blasphamy! :o

Except for the Caps of course! ;)

no DC enthusiast in their right mind would collect caps, would they?

gator

gator

Depends if there Florida grads or not! :makepoint:

gator

Just #32....

Rick that Batman #1 is a nice mid grade copy, perhaps if there was one BatMan issue you were going to hang on to this should have been it? (shrug)

hello all...

you know what is funny....I have owned 4 batman #1's in the past year (and strangely enough, they were all unrestored)...

a 8.0 that was my "personal" copy, a 3.5 cgc blue, upgraded to a 4.0 cgc blue upgraded to a 5.0 cgc blue...the batman run was initially for my friend/customer Bob...we figured with the bat 1, start low and upgrade as possible...last year, I snagged the 8.0 for me (I had no real intention of completing a batman run, as I had done it years ago, but I did want a nice batman 1)...

well, last month, I was faced with the decision of selling one of the 2 batmans I still had, since the batman run had kind of became "mine"...the 8.0 or the 5.0...and, believe it or not, I choose the 5.0 to stay with me, and let the 8.0 go...

why, because for the grade and the price, the 5.0 was, in my opinion, a superior for the grade copy...

but peter, for the same reason I don't have an action 1 right now (I owned one long ago), is the same reason I am willing not to have a batman 1 right now (I have owned many, and there are many books I have not owned yet, like a Marvel 1 or a Captain America Comics 1, etc)...

so, as I find myself having to sell books to buy new books, the decision (and it was a tough one) to sell the bats was made...

I believe I have 3 potential buyers for the batman 1, should it not hit reserve on clink...1 is 100% firm, and 2 others have shown "serious" interest...so, I suspect it will find its way to a great home...

now my TEC run, they would be the LAST books I would sell, if I was forced to (for whatever reason)...only a Ferrari 288 GTO would get me to quickly part with them...

gator

Don't feel like you have to wait forty years for the next one. :baiting: