• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FedEx has "Lost" my Books. Good Wishes are Needed

101 posts in this topic

I just found out from Matt Nelson that two of my books have been "lost" by FedEx on their way to CGC. They are sure that they can find it, but they aren't sure where it is :pullhair: The books in question are my Captain Marvel Adventures #18 and my Wow #57 Mile High. Matt is supposed to get back to me tomorrow as to what FedEx has found. Until then I'm sitting here on pins and needles. I've never had a package lost in the mail before and for the first one to be this valuable is upsetting. The package is insured so I won't lose out on the money, but the Mile High is irreplaceable.

Hopefully I'll get a good word tomorrow :wishluck: and hopefully it comes earlier in the day.

Happened to me once when the Church Wonderworld 3 (!) went off the fedx radar. What happened was altho suppose to go byfed ex air it went by fed ex ground and showed up at the five day point...Keep the faith..jb

It's late at night and reading through this thread reminded me that I got a package today from FedEx. Let me check . . . Funny Stuff #1. Yay for me. :acclaim:

Good luck with yours. :wishluck:

FS 1?.....that is one of my son's favorites!

congrats

gator

I had the same issue when I sent 3 very large boxes (with around 60 all CGC 9.4s+ per box) to a dealer on consignment.

Fedex seemed to have lost one box with the other 2 delivered. It was typical that the box lost had the most valuable comics (ASM 51-100 plus Daredevil 1 (9.0)-10 (no 7)).

Luckily turned up 4 days later.

It could have been worse. UPS or the post office could have lost it.

if anyones gonna find it, its FED-EX.

I agree, and I hope this is indeed the case.

Sorry to hear about it happening though, good luck.

Kenny

You can buy additional coverage beyound the 500.00 insurance with regular shipping.Ive insured 5 figures a few times.It has to be a replaceible item they say at the desk.They also do there best to try not to sell it to you for abvious reasons,but they do have the insurance beyound 500.00. Collecting on a claim?

Well thats a problem with any insurance company.

I find Fed ex Tracking system to be far advanced over UPS or the post office.Tracking status is practically hourly and all the big auction houses use fed ex for a reason. Your comparing them to perfection and that doesnt exsist.

I know how to make ya happy...How about this............................................... Fed ex is the Best of the worst. Hows that?

After reading all the posts on here, it reminded me of an experience I had with Fed-Ex last year during the 2006 Comic-Con.. Basically, I bought an AF #15 from Metro at the show. I then submitted it to CGC for express grading I believe. After about 2 weeks of waiting, I called CGC up and asked about the status of my book. They told me that Fed-Ex has lost a bunch of books they received at the Con when they were shipping it to their office. I, of course, felt very nervous and angry that this happened because I paid a lot of $ for that book. To make the long story short after phone calls and emails to CGC on the status of my book and almost having the insruance company of CGC to file for the lose, CGC called me about 2 months later and told me that they have received the lost packages from Fed-Ex.. I was very relieved that it arrived. Either way, I'd be happy to take the full coverage insurance refund or receive the book as there are a lot of AF #15's around.

I find Fed ex Tracking system to be far advanced over UPS or the post office.

All the tracking in the world doesn't mean that they know where to deliver an item...I've had about 4 deliveries from Heritage via FEDEX and none of them found my location...each time I had to arrange for them to deliver with my specific instructions...I NEVER have that problem with UPS or USPS...

Fed ex is the Best of the worst.

To me ...FEDEX is the Worst of the best... :makepoint:

I've only had one book not get delivered to me, that I can remember. It was a Top Notch Laugh 39 and from the ebay scan, it was a beauty. Never showed up. I've had books take 30 days to arrive after they were shipped and made a fool of myself with worry.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll make sure to avoid those books if they're ever on Heritage or eBay.

No problem. I'm all about full info. I have to ask though... are you saying that just to be an or do you actually collect Wow Comics or Captain Marvel Adventures?

Oh, and these two will never be on Ebay. Comiclink or Heritage would be the way to go. If it's on comiclink it will be noted that it's pressed.

Anyway, thanks for your support in FedEx finding my books meh