• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Happy Rosh Hashanah Everyone

16 posts in this topic

I don't want to get too religious here, but tonight at sundown begins the Jewish New Year. Happy Rosh Hashanah to everyone who will be observing this and those of us who are unable to take part in the celebration this year.

For those of you who don't know, Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year. As such, it is a time for Jews to review the mistakes they made in the past year and to resolve to make improvements in the upcoming year.

Rosh Hashanah is both a solemn and happy day. It is a time for introspection, asking for forgiveness, giving forgiveness, resolving to do better, remembering God, and praying for a healthy and happy year to come. Those observing the Jewish New Year are solemn in their repentance, but happy in their confidence that God is merciful and good.

If anyone wants to come over, I am preparing leg of lamb, roast potatoes, sweet potatoes, mixed salad, apples with honey, homemade bread, and apple flan. There will also be red wine served.

Happy Rosh Hashanah to you James, but how come when I try to say it out loud I sound like I am half in the bag? RoshhHasshahshananananana.. or something.

lol

And like most Holidays, it sounds like it's message is one to live by, not just celebrate once a year.

Hope you had a nice dinner.

Kenny