• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

Wazzup Canuckie
Relearning the use of words and the need for complete sentences. Nice game by your team, Mr. Henry

Speaking of football, now that Doug Flutie is retired is there still a Canadian Footbal league? (shrug)

Wazzup Canuckie
Relearning the use of words and the need for complete sentences. Nice game by your team, Mr. Henry

Speaking of football, now that Doug Flutie is retired is there still a Canadian Footbal league? (shrug)

Yes, but Doug was sweet.

Thats Mr Kraft, not a big BB fan :sumo:

Football, total different story :cloud9:

Sure, not a BB fan when the team is caving. :whatev:

They are not caving, this is the norm for the Red Sox, it has just taken longer this year for it to happen :gossip:

Seemed like an awful lot of work to jettison so quickly... especially since you liked the books so much. (shrug) The Copper run, while not super rare or expensive, was your badge and you wore it proudly.

Now, you're just another guy with label fever running after super expensive books that would otherwise be un-notable but for the label number.

(BTW, I would not have said anything about your personal choice, but you DID ask for opinions.)

:foryou:

Personally, I don't collect runs of books so I can wear them as a badge. I also don't really care what other people think about what I like. If you are trying to collect what other people like, you will never be happy. Collect what you like and forget it. Try to set realistic goals though.

If you get bored with what you are doing, or if you finish out your run, then it is time to change, either selling what you have or just working on something else.

I think you just did a stock swap....penny to blue chip. It's just comics, and if that next mountain to climb keeps you enjoying the hobby, I'm all for it and will be cheering you on.

Danny's a smart guy, and will continue to purchase what he likes as the opportunities arise and finances allow. I wish I had only bought the best copies back when I was his age instead of a collection of 30,000 comics with some real great stuff, and lots of mid grade or so....I might have a collection of a few thousand real incredible beauties.

Of course I like to read a few now and then too, so I'm not hung up on slabbing and a 9.2 looks real nice to me. For that matter a F/VF is pretty nice too...and I have some VG's that I really like and even a few beater Fa/Gd's that would be hard to part with. That's what makes the hobby fun.

Cheers to you Danny (bluemutantgroup)

Wazzup Canuckie

The real question is whether there will still be a CFL after Milt Stegall retires. :(

Wazzup Canuckie

The real question is whether there will still be a CFL after Milt Stegall retires. :(

I miss the USFL. It was MUCH cheaper to get tickets.

Wazzup Canuckie

Buckner

Wazzup Canuckie

Buckner

...was a great ballplayer.