• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

I don't know why you are really interested in everyone's lame opinion. The purpose of this hobby is to collect the books you enjoy in the way that you want to collect them. Furthermore, this should be the last place where anyone should have to defend their reasoning for collecting, regardless of title, grade or age. :sumo:

that’s for sure, of all the places for collectors not to mind label chasing the CGC message board is definitely the place

I don't know why you are really interested in everyone's lame opinion. The purpose of this hobby is to collect the books you enjoy in the way that you want to collect them. Furthermore, this should be the last place where anyone should have to defend their reasoning for collecting, regardless of title, grade or age. :sumo:

that’s for sure, of all the places for collectors not to mind label chasing the CGC message board is definitely the place

smartass

I dunno, if he has fire in the belly he should just have some Tums.

lol, this place gives me a headache sometimes, should I take an aspirin or just turn off the PC?

(:

Ze-

:gossip: The press. Put your head in it. Headache be gone.

hm

I will try it and report back later.

I dunno, if he has fire in the belly he should just have some Tums.

lol, this place gives me a headache sometimes, should I take an aspirin or just turn off the PC?

(:

Ze-

:gossip: The press. Put your head in it. Headache be gone.

hm

I will try it and report back later.

lol

Good luck, and have fun storming the castle!

One of things that really bakes my noodle is

that you waited to do this once deathlok had

been banished???

You took Deathlok's ribbing for years about

your HG CA X-men and it is "Uncanny"

that you waited almost until he was gone

for good to do this???

oh well, I for one liked your set

but I can respect your move...

the only thing about it is that

once you move to HG SA books -

they take a lot longer to gain unless

you pay out the nose for them.

Hats off to you Dan,...

whether you agree with his reasoning or not

this is a very commendable gutsy move.

:golfclap:

I echo some of thoughts on here when I say, "The deed is done. Don't worry about what others think. Concentrate on the reasons why you made the decision in the first place."

Good luck on your new run. I hope they bring you much joy. Now I need to go put back all those sweet 9.8 CA Xmen books I was going to send in.

i think he did it because he relishes the attention.

look, you put a lot of time and effort into something you could redo all over through more time and effort. as more people slab the 144-300 run, more will become available and prices will drop.

there aren't nearly as many HG SA X-books out there awaiting slabbing as CA books. you can trust me on that. so it's a smart move to bail on the cheaper, more widely available books in favour of those that are relatively harder to find. and it was a pretty ballsy move, to boot.

don't second guess yourself. you're maturing as a collector and your goals are changing. ain't nothing wrong with that

don't second guess yourself. you're maturing as a collector and your goals are changing. ain't nothing wrong with that

A good point. Still a though call... yet certainly, there may have been no better time to sell. :gossip:

Personally, I myself am a hoarder and would likely never sell a set that I worked so hard to obtain. Though, there have been a few valid points about being able to re-obtain HG moderns such as those later down the road.

Your "stock" in that set was tremendously high of late, given the recent 2007 Registry Copper-Age Award. What better time to unload it contents than once it's reknown had been built up so much?

So, it's a trade-off then:

• The best, modern X-Men set! :cloud9:
  • A nice, huge pile 'o scratch $$! :devil:

Still... nicely done either way, Danny! (worship):applause:

Regardless of what others say its how you feel. If it was time to change your collecting focus more power to you.

In the past I have purchased many books under 100-200 dollars knowing that I could liquidate them quickly if a big book purchase were to come along.

Either way (thumbs u to you.

I agree with everyone saying that everyone elses opinion doesn't matter.

Sure it's a shame not to have your copper collection anymore as I'm sure that even copper detractors would agree that it was an excellent acomplishment :applause: but those books you got from Doc Watson were exceptional and they don't come up for sale every day. Kudos on getting some brilliant comics that I am truly envious of. (worship)

I agree with everyone saying that everyone elses opinion doesn't matter.

Psst....he started the thread asking for everyone's opinion. :gossip:

:makepoint:

Thank you!

I never claimed my opinion mattered...of course it doesn't.

But it was solicited.