• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper no more..............

Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Was selling my copper run to start silver a bad or good move?

317 posts in this topic

I know what I think but I will like to hear other opinions as well. Was it a good move.. was it dumb.. :popcorn:

I think you should forget about SA....and put together a killer BA X-run. (shrug)

Meaning Reprints or the New X-Men- End of Byrne run?

You can always put together another 9.8 run of Copper X-Men. You could wait a very long time before you find another 9.8 X-Men #35.

This is a very good point.

I think it was a good move. :headbang:

Now, you just have to learn to save money up for a big purchase. Snatching a $50-$100 CA X-Men 9.8 doesn't take a lot of financial planning and can be done on a whim, but you'll have to be frugal and focused to be ready to snatch a $1000-$2500 price tag when one pops up.

Good luck, I know you can do it Danny!

It's really scary to see so many guys who are over 30 with serious financial responsibilities encourage a much younger guy to pursue a goal that should be reserved for people who have acquired at least some semblance of financial security.

Anyone else find this a little disturbing?

Not really. I imagine most believe that Danny could just sell the books if the need arises. (shrug)

Exactly!

Danny: I just caught up with everything that has happened to your collection in the past few days. I think I know you pretty well, and I'm totally behind you on your decision and what you have decided to concentrate on.

First off Nik has a point, you can buy the entire raw run of #200-300 for what $100? $200 max? You've taken the proceeds and put them in jaw dropping books, even one of a kinds...good move. I personally believe that early X books have some of the nicest covers of the early marvel run. #1,4,5,6,7,9,12,14,27,28,29,32,33 etc are absoloutely classic covers in my books.

I applaud the decision, and hope you enjoy the journey. Once you accomplish something, it's time to start new goals or you become stagnant.

Jim

Thanks Jim :headbang:

I know what I think but I will like to hear other opinions as well. Was it a good move.. was it dumb.. :popcorn:

I think you should forget about SA....and put together a killer BA X-run. (shrug)

New X-Men - Watson's 143 :devil:

Hulk 181 & Giant-Size 1 as sidecars :)

You can always put together another 9.8 run of Copper X-Men. You could wait a very long time before you find another 9.8 X-Men #35.

This is a very good point.

I think it was a good move. :headbang:

Now, you just have to learn to save money up for a big purchase. Snatching a $50-$100 CA X-Men 9.8 doesn't take a lot of financial planning and can be done on a whim, but you'll have to be frugal and focused to be ready to snatch a $1000-$2500 price tag when one pops up.

Good luck, I know you can do it Danny!

It's really scary to see so many guys who are over 30 with serious financial responsibilities encourage a much younger guy to pursue a goal that should be reserved for people who have acquired at least some semblance of financial security.

Anyone else find this a little disturbing?

Not really. I imagine most believe that Danny could just sell the books if the need arises. (shrug)

Ok, just so I'm clear, most of the people around here are comfortable with the idea of someone investing a large percentage of their net worth in HG comics?

Interesting.....

:screwy:

What's the difference if he has $10,000 worth of $50 to $200 CA X-Men and $10,000 worth of $500-$5,500 SA X-Men? If anything, he can now get a larger chunk of his money back with fewer sales if the need ever arose.

I also think that nothing is wrong with choosing to spend your expendable income on comics. In fact, it's a much better financial decision than movies, fine dining, partying, etc.

A lot of people put aside a certain amount income each week (or two weeks based on their payday) for spending money that does not affect their bills, priorities, 401k etc. and this amount may be $50 for some and a heck of a lot more for others. It just depends on where they are financially. If Danny or anyone else wants to funnel that money back to make one big purchase every few months or so rather than smaller purchases weekly, then what's the big deal?

Hence my advice earlier. I think Danny is a smart guy and will be fine though.

Most of the issues are fairly common in HG ... I can always do that run later.

Are you investing or collecting?

Collecting. I dont invest in comics. If I wanted to invest I could go to Wall Street. I want a challenge... The new X-Men run is not much of a challenge in 9.4 and 9.6.

Collecting. I dont invest in comics. If I wanted to invest I could go to Wall Street. I want a challenge... The new X-Men run is not much of a challenge in 9.4 and 9.6.
9.8 :grin:

9.8 :grin:
:signfunny:

If I wanted to invest I could go to Wall Street. I want a challenge... The new X-Men run is not much of a challenge in 9.4 and 9.6.

Somebody's definitely been sniffing those SA tombs. lol

(shrug)

IOW, don't get too cocky.

I am not cocky at all... :sorry:

you're maturing

Yes you are, young Danny. I have but one question...

Did your voice crack when you were asking everyone's opinion?

We can nickname him, Peter Brady.

Yeah, but Peter Brady grew up and married that slutty model chick on VH1 though. If our boy can just be so lucky :wishluck:

Hey, she was a former America's Top Model contest too. :whistle:

...and much much younger than Peter Brady...

you're maturing

Yes you are, young Danny. I have but one question...

Did your voice crack when you were asking everyone's opinion?

We can nickname him, Peter Brady.

Yeah, but Peter Brady grew up and married that slutty model chick on VH1 though. If our boy can just be so lucky :wishluck:

:wishluck:

:wishluck:

:(