• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink auction starts tomorrow...what are you going after?

293 posts in this topic

They're out of my current collecting focus, but I'm seriously considering going after the Batman #18 & # 20. I used to have a high grade #18, and stupidly traded it away.

What an auction. All kinds of great stuff!

Funny, I do most of my buying through C-Link now (as a matter of principle). In fact, I have a hard time understanding why anyone would just reach out and dump on them like that.

I know this is probably stupid to post what I'm going to bid on: but going to anyway.

Trooper Books I will have a strong chance of winning:

Superman #10 CGC (q) 4.5 (probably will go cheap, misssing lots of pages...but it has a cover! good enough for me)

True Adventures #3 CGC 6.0 (Multiples of guide for this is still pretty cheap)

Trooper Books I have a slight chance of winning, making strong bids but if someone wants it more than I...let the sucker pay top dollar.

Terry Toons #1 PGX 6.5 (already have a copy but this will be an upgrade)

Superman #10 CGC 9.2

Zip Comics #1 CGC 7.0

Marvel Mystery Comics #32 raw

Marvel Mystery Comics Annual (my other grail besides Action #2) This should go way above my pity bid.

Non-Trooper books, but going to bid anyway:

Mens Adventures #15 Palo Alto (gorgeous cover)

Men In Action #2 CGC 9.0 (Russ Heath I do believe)

Battlefield #1 CGC 9.2 Beth

Rangers Comics #20 Rockford

Soldier Comics #9 Crowley

If I just get a few of these I'll be a happy trooper.

Competition can suck.

Yeah, if I do go after the Bat 18 & 20, I'm sure the competition will be ugly. The copy of Batman #18 that I used to own was probably the first high grade Golden Age book I'd ever seen, so I have a real nostalgic feeling for that cover.

Competition can suck.

Yeah, if I do go after the Bat 18 & 20, I'm sure the competition will be ugly. The copy of Batman #18 that I used to own was probably the first high grade Golden Age book I'd ever seen, so I have a real nostalgic feeling for that cover.

well, I paid strongly for those 2 copies, but since I am selling them (and no reserve, I might add), I won't be any competition on them...good luck (bid high, and bid often, knowing that 90% goes to your fellow broke boardie!)]

gator

Not a thing. I won't purchase a book through CL as a matter of personal principle.

Dare I ask what personal principle?

I think that because Comiclink does not practice proactive disclosure Mark's

personal principles won't allow him to buy anything from them. Therefore his personal principles allow him to slam them as well.

Not a thing. I won't purchase a book through CL as a matter of personal principle.

personal principles won't allow him to buy anything from them. Therefore his personal principles allow him to slam them as well.

very true; he could have maintained his principles by not bidding AND remained silent about them. flaunting them tends to cheapen 'em anyway. additionally, i recall him being very animated on the thread about c'link not taking returns on slabbed books. also, might be a tender spot in there somewhere--did he get that mad 1 so many threads mention on c'link? i have no idea, just wondering. he is a peach, isn't he?

I'm assuming that's a side of slather, since it's ComicLink's CONSIGNORS who have that obligation.

Competition can suck.

well, I paid strongly for those 2 copies, but since I am selling them (and no reserve, I might add), I won't be any competition on them...good luck (bid high, and bid often, knowing that 90% goes to your fellow broke boardie!)]

gator

the only thing 'broke' about you will be your heart in about 2 weeks, 2 days on the nose.

[i hope, i hope, i hope, i hope, i hope...think silly d.c. infinity cover here].

I'm assuming that's a side of slather, since it's ComicLink's CONSIGNORS who have that obligation.

the heft of that obligation weighs heavily upon me. o.k.--be aware that ALL of the books i have up in that auction are pressed. whew, i feel much better. wait; i have no books in that auction. ahhh, what the hell, i still feel much better.