• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink auction starts tomorrow...what are you going after?

293 posts in this topic

Obviously. So in the same vain I must say that it is expected...coming from a NOD member.

Well, if you put it that way, now it all makes sense!

Everything to you is somehow connected to the NOD. Someone makes a comment you don't like, then heck, if that person is a NOD member, it must be the NOD's fault. Nice broad brush you are spreading there Richard. Really positive for the community and reflects so magnificently on your own integrity as to how you are so receptive to others in our hobby, particularly if they don't share your views.

As a matter of fact the problems I have with CL have nothing to do with the NOD. They involve situations that I have personal knowledge of or was involved in directly, particularly in my legal capacity. I don't like how Josh has treated friends and colleagues of mine. I believe he was unprofessional in the best of light (and I won't discuss the worst of light) and because of that I will not purchase books from him or sell to him.

Do you want to further slam the NOD now? Go right ahead. It will reflect upon you, not the NOD. Let everyone see where you really stand.

Some people won't miss any opportunity to plant the seed of controversy.

You shouldn't have asked the question then Jeff. All I did was answer.

"What are you going after?"

Nothing.

Looks like an appropriate answer to your question.

I'm sorry, was this the "we have to only be positive about our answers to everything" thread? I did not see any such disclaimer. Perhaps I missed it in the fine print. (shrug)

gosh, when i read the response earlier, i thought it said more than "nothing." my mistake.

Not a thing. I won't purchase a book through CL as a matter of personal principle.

Dare I ask what personal principle?

I think that because Comiclink does not practice proactive disclosure Mark's

personal principles won't allow him to buy anything from them. Therefore his personal principles allow him to slam them as well.

very true; he could have maintained his principles by not bidding AND remained silent about them. flaunting them tends to cheapen 'em anyway. additionally, i recall him being very animated on the thread about c'link not taking returns on slabbed books. also, might be a tender spot in there somewhere--did he get that mad 1 so many threads mention on c'link? i have no idea, just wondering. he is a peach, isn't he?

Billy, did you not learn how to write in English back in law school so we can understand what you are actually trying to say? (shrug)

And I am definitely not a peach. An apple perhaps.

Everything to you is somehow connected to the NOD.

this is untrue. i've know him for 15 years, and he's told me in confidence that he concedes there are 4 [he briefly believed it to be 5] things in the world not somehow connected to NOD.

Nothing.

I'm sorry, was this the "we have to only be positive about our answers to everything" thread? I did not see any such disclaimer. Perhaps I missed it in the fine print. (shrug)

"Nothing" would have been very appropriate. But give me a break, you didn't just answer the question. You threw in one of your patented Mark Zaid hit and run shots at a dealer, followed up by your usual clouded-in-mystery "you obviously don't know what I know" riddles. You've done this repeatedly for years.

Take it to general, where controversy is welcome. Here we just talk about comic books.

"hit and run" shots? Oh, how very melodramatic Jeff! lol

You're just the angel of defenders for all the dealers I obviously target. I am so ashamed.

How about the fact that Josh has his Washington, D.C. lawyers sending threatening letters to other dealers saying he will sue them for infringing upon his auction concept. Really bodes well for friendship in the community.

Best not start auctions on your website Richard as you may be his next target!!!

this is untrue. i've know him for 15 years, and he's told me in confidence that he concedes there are 4 [he briefly believed it to be 5] things in the world not somehow connected to NOD.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

"Most everything is somehow connected to the NOD."

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

"Most everything is somehow connected to the NOD."

what a relief!!!!! you understood my English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody didn't pay attention in anatomy class doh!

:gossip: I hear Rick Evans has a big head ... (shrug) You're right. I love how the anatomy is screwed with a giant head and small arms. Kinda like a Gator in fact hm

(tsk)

gator :hi:

so, let me ask everyone to please bid really high on my Batman comics....I have 4 kids to keep in happy meals (they are getting tired of PB&J)

thank you for your support

gator

Men In Action #2 CGC 9.0 (Russ Heath I do believe)

Not sure who it is but not Russ Heath. It's still an excellent combat scene.

Nothing.

"Nothing" would have been very appropriate. But give me a break, you didn't just answer the question. You threw in one of your patented Mark Zaid hit and run shots at a dealer, followed up by your usual clouded-in-mystery "you obviously don't know what I know" riddles. You've done this repeatedly for years.

Take it to general, where controversy is welcome. Here we just talk about comic books.

"hit and run" shots? Oh, how very melodramatic Jeff! lol

You're just the angel of defenders for all the dealers I obviously target. I am so ashamed.

How about the fact that Josh has his Washington, D.C. lawyers sending threatening letters to other dealers saying he will sue them for infringing upon his auction concept. Really bodes well for friendship in the community.

Best not start auctions on your website Richard as you may be his next target!!!

There's nothing "melodramatic" about it. "Hit & run" is an accurate depiction of your posting style.

Josh runs a consignment site. Even if I did disagree with some of his business practices, I wouldn't deprive his consigners of my bids just so Josh couldn't collect his 10%. Gator needs to keep his kids hip-deep in happy meals.

Gator needs to keep his kids hip-deep in happy meals.

it is true...you should see their sad little faces, when I bring home a brown bag from the grocer, instead of that classic white "kids meal" bag...I tell you guys (pause to wipe a tear from my eye), it is heartbreaking to a dad...just heartbreaking...

gator

it is true...you should see their sad little faces, when I bring home a brown bag from the grocer, instead of that classic white "kids meal" bag...I tell you guys (pause to wipe a tear from my eye), it is heartbreaking to a dad...just heartbreaking...

gator

:cry:

I'll make a max bid of $10 on all your Batman books. That should be enough for a few happy meals. (thumbs u

gator

:cry:

I'll make a max bid of $10 on all your Batman books. That should be enough for a few happy meals. (thumbs u

:applause:

the heck with happy meals, we are upgrading to "big kid" meals!

gator

Josh runs a consignment site. Even if I did disagree with some of his business practices, I wouldn't deprive his consigners of my bids just so Josh couldn't collect his 10%. Gator needs to keep his kids hip-deep in happy meals.

Some is consignment, some is CL's own inventory. How do you know what is what?

Some is consignment, some is CL's own inventory. How do you know what is what?

(shrug)