• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink auction starts tomorrow...what are you going after?

293 posts in this topic

Oh, and Jeff, I remember in our PMs about the book, you mentioned you sold this particular copy in the late 90s. What I found odd is that it got the Classic Cover tab by Overstreet the year AFTER you sold it. Did you happen to sell it to an Overstreet Advisor, because that would easily explain the timing....

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no memory of who I sold it to. doh!

I was being Sarcastic, $2k is my limit for now. I have a MMC #33, so I'm happy. Also made a small bid on Detective27kid's Batman #13, there are just way too many books I would love to have in this auction.

btw: how much do you think this one will go for? It's missing tons of pages:

Superman #10 CGC 4.5 (incomplete)

Thats your book my friend. I'd rather have it then some water stained Fair/good at the same price or a Frankenbook of some sort.

I can't imagine that anyone would want that incomplete Superman book unless they were in the restoration business?

When you buy really low grade GA stuff, covers are always nice...just in case you find a coverless book to match it...Not sure if it's restoration if you put it together, but it's nice to have both pieces in the same place:)

I have more than a few of those ... :)

I can't imagine that anyone would want that incomplete Superman book unless they were in the restoration business?

When you buy really low grade GA stuff, covers are always nice...just in case you find a coverless book to match it...Not sure if it's restoration if you put it together, but it's nice to have both pieces in the same place:)

I have more than a few of those ... :)

You'd get a married cover designation in a universal holder for that I think.

Really? One day I will have to try that...right now, I only BUY CGC books, never actually submitted one myself, thanks:)

I'm still trying to figure out how that auction works, is it for many days?

Too bad you don't need Supeman 12, I have extra pages or something from that one:)

Is that Batman #13 yours?

all the batman comics from the registry set are mine...so bid REALLY high...

gator

Rick...are you holding on to Batman #11 (Joker cover)? (shrug)

GE

no, i'm holding on to his batman 11.

Is that Batman #13 yours?

all the batman comics from the registry set are mine...so bid REALLY high...

gator

Rick...are you holding on to Batman #11 (Joker cover)? (shrug)

GE

no, i'm holding on to his batman 11.

That doesn't sound quite right Billy,whatever you guys do in private is your own business. :P

based on this auctions unbelievable number of rare and wonderful high grade keys.....it looks like ComicLink is the new "3 years ago" Heritage hm

I'm curious if this is cutting into Heritage's business or if there's enough for all the auction houses. CL has been around for quite a while and have been paying their dues I would assume.

I saw a couple of things:

Superman # 6 looks nice and is graded qualified due to the missing pages which only affect a text story. Not sure what the market price for such a book is. Maybe the fair value? Not sure. I placed a small bid on it. eBay has a nice copy up, but after getting burned on captain marvel # 2 recently I am cautious about spending $$$$ on a raw Golden Age book.

Superman # 247. Great story. Bidding is now up to multiples of guide. PGC Mint has a similar copy for $125 so maybe the current bid price is reasonable.

I saw a couple of things:

Superman # 6 looks nice and is graded qualified due to the missing pages which only affect a text story. Not sure what the market price for such a book is. Maybe the fair value? Not sure. I placed a small bid on it. eBay has a nice copy up, but after getting burned on captain marvel # 2 recently I am cautious about spending $$$$ on a raw Golden Age book.

Superman # 247. Great story. Bidding is now up to multiples of guide. PGC Mint has a similar copy for $125 so maybe the current bid price is reasonable.

There are some deals you have to jump on Antonio, but I think most everything will turn up again .....and again. I'd pass on the Superman 6 and try buying your raw books from some of the board members like Rich Evans or dealers like Jim Payette. Do your research when buying on ebay, it's gotten pretty dicey there and a lot of times we start off thinking we're going to be getting a great auction deal but get carried away with bidding and end up paying more for less.