• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 NEW SUPERMAN #1'S ON EBAY--LOOKS LIKE REAL DEAL

24 posts in this topic

2 NEW ONES JUST POSTED

27k for a 1.0? It's a grail type book and all but that's a ton o cash..........

it is pricey, but I have seen $22K for a 1.0 before...unrestored Supes 1 are just tough as nails...

gator

2 NEW ONES JUST POSTED

Both are being sold by our own board member, Filter81 (Adam).

No problem with Adam as he is a top notch dealer, They would be the REAL ones if being sold by Adam.

Filter81 (worship) nice books!

The 1.0 is on consignment so the price is unfortunately not up to me. The reserve is quite a bit below the Buy it Now price though and I do think the reserve is pretty much in line with fair market value. (unrestored Sup 1s are really tough to find)

The 5.5 is a nice one. Priced really fairly I think.

Both are neat books. the 1.0 is downgraded due to lots of problems around the spine. It definitely has great eye appeal for a fair!

The 1.0 is on consignment so the price is unfortunately not up to me. The reserve is quite a bit below the Buy it Now price though and I do think the reserve is pretty much in line with fair market value. (unrestored Sup 1s are really tough to find)

The 5.5 is a nice one. Priced really fairly I think.

Both are neat books. the 1.0 is downgraded due to lots of problems around the spine. It definitely has great eye appeal for a fair!

Adam who did the Resto on the Supes 5.5 - looks like a nice job (hard to tell unless book is in hand though) - Susan C?

The Resto on the Sup 5.5 looks awesome. It certainly doesn't have that frankenbook feel that some extensively restored books can get. The resto is difficult to spot inside the holder and its definitely one of the better restoration jobs I've seen. I'm not sure who did the work but I can make a few phone calls and try to find out.

Although to me, it looks like more could've been done to the book. (If those spots near the top of the cover were removed I think the book would grade higher) But then again I'm not sure how difficult stains like that are to remove.

How about it Ben, any interest? :devil:
Oh he's interested.

His other options are a boat (He got a guide wire wrapped around his neck playing captain)

A car (already smashed up 6 with 2 going end for end)

An Airplane (Well, that would be interesting) :grin:

:kidaround: