• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Survey: Your Most Valuable Comics of the Silver Age

What is the market value of your most valuable Silver Age comic book?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. What is the market value of your most valuable Silver Age comic book?

43 posts in this topic

I am working on a comic book index. The index will attempt to track a broad market of widely traded early Silver Age comic books. I would like the index to be representative of the best books in a typical collector's collection. These are your most valuable books, not the hundreds of books in long boxes. :)

You can jump to the results link to survey results

Please answer the following to help me figure out what a typical collector's best books look like in terms of value. Your top ten books don't have to be CGC. The value should be the "market value" (GPA or Overstreet) of the book. Not how much you paid or whether it's your favorite.

You don't need to spend a lot of time looking up exact GPA values. I'm looking for ranges here.

Please identify your top 10, most valuable books from the Silver Age and answer the following.

1. What is the value of your most valuable SA comic book?

2. What is the average value of your next 9 most valuable SA comic books (your 2nd, through 10 most valuable)? (if you have less than 9 more, use the average value of the SA books that you have)

3. What is the approximate value of your Silver Age collection?

4. What titles are represented in your top 10 most valuable SA comic books (up to 4)?

Sorry CycleGirl,

When submitting my info, I mis-read the 2nd query & hit 6-12K instead of 1-2K.

Correct as necessary.

Rick

Thanks for letting me know, Rick! :)

I will correct it in the final graphs.

Rhonda

poll taken. (thumbs u

What is the approximate total value of your Silver Age collection?

Didn't answer that one cause I have no idea.

No surprise ASM and FF are leading the way. :applause:

Seems my ideals are well representive of collectors here.

People like those nice mid-grade $100-$400 early SA Marvels.

:cloud9:

What is the approximate total value of your Silver Age collection?

Didn't answer that one cause I have no idea.

No surprise ASM and FF are leading the way. :applause:

Seems my ideals are well representive of collectors here.

People like those nice mid-grade $100-$400 early SA Marvels.

:cloud9:

I totally guessed on the total SA value too. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in the $100 to 200 books. :cool:

Sorry about Green Lantern. :sorry:

I listed the top 18 as GPA had them listed. Guess you had to settle for "Other DC".

Strange Tales beats Bat-Man!?!?

Holy Moly DC does suck! :o

No worries! I think this is a good idea and hope that a bunch of people participate.

Have you thought about putting a thread up in general and directing people here?

I thought about it, but was afraid of spamming. What do you think?

sign0073.gif

Hey Everyone! Thanks so much for the response so far. I see that we're up to 40 people who have taken the survey so far.

I'm astounded by the large response by some people with extremely high-value SA collections. Wow! 29% so far have SA collections over the $80k mark. Very cool!

I'm working on graphing the results and on the index in general. I should have something to show by Wednesday or Thursday night.

Rhonda

No worries! I think this is a good idea and hope that a bunch of people participate.

Have you thought about putting a thread up in general and directing people here?

I thought about it, but was afraid of spamming. What do you think?

I dont think it would be spam at all. Lots of people dont come here who have silver age books. Info is needed so post away!

4. What titles are represented in your top 10 most valuable SA comic books (up to 4)?

Where's the love for Richie Rich and the other red headed step children Funny Animal collectors? At least post an "Other" outside of Marvel or DC where I can put him on top of the trash heap. Sheesh.