• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your back covers

78 posts in this topic

This is kind of a trip to me...

From the back of Tomb of Terror 13... 1953...

I'm sure there was a large contingent of the readership of this book that just jumped at the chance to "start quickly getting personal dresses without paying one penny for them, and make extra money in spare time besides."

TombOfTerror13BackThumb.jpg

(clicky-click)

This is kind of a trip to me...

From the back of Tomb of Terror 13... 1953...

I'm sure there was a large contingent of the readership of this book that just jumped at the chance to "start quickly getting personal dresses without paying one penny for them, and make extra money in spare time besides."

TombOfTerror13BackThumb.jpg

(clicky-click)

I wouldn't give a frock. meh

|Great guys - keep them coming - as a youngster I used to look at the back covers offering hundreds of soldiers or romans and wishing I lived in th US.

(thumbs u

PPSS42BC.jpg

Same here....this was my "must have" item if I had lived in the US...

Years later somebody told me the footlocker was tiny and made out of cardboard and the entire soldier collection you got could fit in one hand :o

Another childhood fave..... :)

STRETCHARMSTRONG.jpg

I had a Hulk "stretch Armstong" found out a few years ago these are rare as hen's teeth doh!

Ah well, had a great time destroying it when I was little

Another childhood fave..... :)

STRETCHARMSTRONG.jpg

I had a Hulk "stretch Armstong" found out a few years ago these are rare as hen's teeth doh!

Ah well, had a great time destroying it when I was little

My Stretch Armstrong sprung a leak in my toys drawers beneath my bed. All the toys in that drawer were stuck to the bottom with the red goo :insane:

For all those kids aspiring to be boat owners...

rcboatmotors.jpg

Jim

Hey, I had the one on the right as a kid.

The things worked frighteningly well. Zipped around the bathtub while emitting a loud buzz. Also, (and this shows my complete lack of boating experience), it was self-bailing and spurted out the water that made it into the hull, through a tube in the back.

Pretty cool. Hadn't thought of it in years.