• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink focussed auction Oct 07

45 posts in this topic

We have some very serious early Key DC issues up for grab's that are in grade, and there doesn't seem to be a lot in interest in them.

That Cahllenger's of the Unknown #1, makes Marvel's tough book, Tales to Astonish #27 look as common as Dazzler #1, and it's nowhere near the $10k mark for the worlds only 9.4 copy.

Showcase #9 ... less than a GS X-men #1 (shrug)doh!

The first 3 SA apperances of Green Latern in top grade... again less that GS X-men #1

And biggest crimes of all, the All star #3, and Sensational Comics #1 less than a VF- X-men #1... crazy results so far.

Is the hype about rare SA DC waiting to break out of the typical price bracket that it's in, just that... hype?

Hey Brasseye,

Would you please STFU??!!!! :foryou:

SA DC is not rare. According to the experts on the boards, there are at least 800 collections out there with mint runs of raw pre-1962 SA DCs owned by "true collectors" who haven`t been tempted by the prices thus far. So the slabbed copies that have come on the market are overpriced as they are, and will plunge in value once this tsunami of perfectly preserved collections comes to market as we have the sales by these "true collectors" (or their heirs) as a result of their inevitable deaths, divorces and debt.

Thanks you.

-Tim ;)

ROFL lol

Man, I didn't even realize these were sitting so cheap!! I got to get some bids out pronto. Woohoo! :banana:

:devil:

Based on your history, after you splashed out some serious cash for any of them, 800 CGC 9.8 copies really would emerge from the woodworks. :baiting:

lol

So true... :tonofbricks:

Sorry John. That was a cheapshot. Okay, I have to go take some of my POTAssium pills now. And then I`ll go play my new Space INVADERS game. You know they`re both #1. :devil:

We have some very serious early Key DC issues up for grab's that are in grade, and there doesn't seem to be a lot in interest in them.

That Cahllenger's of the Unknown #1, makes Marvel's tough book, Tales to Astonish #27 look as common as Dazzler #1, and it's nowhere near the $10k mark for the worlds only 9.4 copy.

The first 3 SA apperances of Green Latern in top grade... again less that GS X-men #1

And biggest crimes of all, the All star #3, and Sensational Comics #1 less than a VF- X-men #1... crazy results so far.

Is the hype about rare SA DC waiting to break out of the typical price bracket that it's in, just that... hype?

Hey Brasseye,

SA DC is not rare. According to the experts on the boards, there are at least 800 collections out there with mint runs of raw pre-1962 SA DCs owned by "true collectors" who haven`t been tempted by the prices thus far. So the slabbed copies that have come on the market are overpriced as they are, and will plunge in value once this tsunami of perfectly preserved collections comes to market as we have the sales by these "true collectors" (or their heirs) as a result of their inevitable deaths, divorces and debt.

Thanks you.

-Tim ;)

ROFL lol

Man, I didn't even realize these were sitting so cheap!! I got to get some bids out pronto. Woohoo! :banana:

Based on your history, after you splashed out some serious cash for any of them, 800 CGC 9.8 copies really would emerge from the woodworks. :baiting:

lol

So true... :tonofbricks:

Sorry John. That was a cheapshot. Okay, I have to go take some of my POTAssium pills now. And then I`ll go play my new Space INVADERS game. You know they`re both #1. :devil:

(tsk)

lol

:sumo: That's it, I'm going to switch to buying HG DC's

Hey Brasseye,

Thanks you.

-Tim ;)

ROFL lol

lol John, you resemble that remark.

I just have one high grade early SA DC in the auction:

GREEN LANTERN #7 CGC 9.2 - 1ST SINESTRO

Feel free to put in outrageously high thrill bids as long as you can pay for it! lol

I would, but then it isnt a thrill bid is it :gossip:

Outrageously high non-thrill bids are fine with me as well! (thumbs u

only hitch in that giddyup though is you expect payment to occur :sorry:

Feel free to put in outrageously high thrill bids as long as you can pay for it! lol

I would, but then it isnt a thrill bid is it :gossip:

Outrageously high non-thrill bids are fine with me as well! (thumbs u

only hitch in that giddyup though is you expect payment to occur :sorry:

Just sell off some of your other books that are easier to find........ :baiting:

Looks like it's doing well so far...already double Overstreet. Congrats! :applause:

Thanks, but I am hoping to do much better than that with it! :wishluck:

Murder Inc #4, a generous CGC 9.2, is already close to 4X guide.

Generous is that FF#50 9.4....my azz.

And guys are going $5k on that book so far doh! doh! doh!

You think that FF 50 isnt a true 9.4 ? It doesnt look that far off to me. And considering how rare it is Id think a 9.4 copy could go for more then 5K.

Murder Inc #4, a generous CGC 9.2, is already close to 4X guide.

Generous is that FF#50 9.4....my azz.

And guys are going $5k on that book so far doh! doh! doh!

You think that FF 50 isnt a true 9.4 ? It doesnt look that far off to me. And considering how rare it is Id think a 9.4 copy could go for more then 5K.

I don't think its that rare and they would probably sell for about half that much.