• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling out all Red Socks fans!!

103 posts in this topic

I am sure there is a "no gambling" clause in the CGC guidlines but I am willing to trade these four Tales to Astonishes for a simple hello if the Red Socks beat my Tribe in this series. Anyone willing to trade me a similar priced set for a small gesture if the Tribe win the series??

TalestoAstonish69.jpg

TalestoAstonish67.jpg

TalestoAstonish66.jpg

TalestoAstonish65.jpg

I'm not a betting/trading man but I'm confident my Sox will spank the Tribe in 6.

It will go to 6 games but the Tribe will overcome!!

I'll pretend to be a Red Sox fan for free comics. I will even say "Hello, have a nice day."

Sadly, beating the Yankees in the play-offs is no longer such a big accomplishment and this was one of their weaker teams in a while, even with a solid last 2 months. Cleveland fans should not be too excited. The Red Sox seem to have gotten healthy at the right time, which makes me sick because the NL team is going to be pretty soft, in my humble opinion. Then again, the Cardinals seemed like they had no shot last year....

How about some free comics for a Yankee fan who is going to root for Cleveland to beat the Sox? I don't have any animosity toward Cleveland (other than for letting those bugs loose) and it has been 59 or whatever years. Cleveland has 2 aces and some great set-up guys for their horrible closer (I see some Big Pappy/Manny back-to-back blasts...) and an offense that can score enough to win. Anything can happen.

What I find hilarious is how the commentators on TNT or whatever acted like the Yankees were huge favorites and Cleveland accomplished an amazing thing. In fact, most of the "experts" had picked Cleveland, many had them winning it in 4 games! Cleveland had home field and the better record and had finished up the season just as hot as the Yankees. The ONLY thing in the Yanks favor was the regular season W-L and the Yankees 6 straight wins all happened when Cleveland was in the middle of slumps. Heck, the Yanks were 5-1 or 4-2 vs. Detroit last year as well, it doesn't mean jack.

I am regretting rooting for Cleveland to pass the Angels. had I known how beat up the angels would be by the end of the year I would have definitely been thinking differently. Not that it made a difference what I was rooting for!

Ok, it sound like we have a nice mix of fans. Please PM me if you want to make this series interesting. I won $20 from the Yankee's series but I just can't find any Boston fans in Philadelphia.

Sorry Jeffro, baseball's just not my thing. I DID try to get into when I got married as my in-laws (father and brother types especially) are HUGE fans of the sport. Problem is they are Sox fans (which in New England means annoying... not too different from their Yankee counterparts). I will say this, however, in that Sox fans aren't nuts as Texas (obcessive) or Philly Eagle (violent) fans. Needless to say, my foray into baseball went bust.

By the way, did you end up stopping by Omni to check out that B&B 29 and Showcase 1 & 2?