• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - OSU is #1

76 posts in this topic

Here's what needs to happen : The Cleveland Indians lose to the Rockies in the World Series. Then we'd have Ohio teams losing the NCAA Championship, the football 1A championship, the NBA finals, and then the World Series.

I would say it would be totally complete if the Browns or Bengals could get to and lose the Super Bowl, but that ain't happening...

Traitor!

IF the season ended today it would be OSU vs USF!

OSU better pray not! South Florida's defense ROCKS!

I don't think I have ever seen a team this young this good.

It was only 9 years ago that south florida was being coached

out of the back of a trailer!!!...

and now they're #2 in the nation!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The highlight out of all of this is that my underdawg pirates

played USF in a lowly snooze bowl last year (and lost 24-7)...

Now look at these guys!

WOW!

(worship)

USF is done...see previous post...

LSU will still be playing for the nation championship this year.

LSU is scary. So is FL. So is every team in the SEC. Hopefully Flynn looks better then he did this weekend but their Defense is nasty, nasty. The best teams in the country reside in SEC country, if OU was to meet any of them in a bowl game Id hope they put up a good fight against an LSU or FL. I just hope its not against LSU in the Sugar Bowl again as thats as unfair a setting as it comes in college football.

You don't have to worry about Florida anymore...just got their cocktail handed to them by Georgia...typical SEC yr...lots of solid teams picking each other off (see Mississippit St over Kentucky...)

OSU at number one is unproven at this point. My top five in no order of best teams in the country

LSU

Florida

Oregon

Cal

Oklahoma

South Florida, ASU, and OSU are the wild cards who have upcomming games to test their metal....But at this point in the year...today I go with above

These five have played some real teams, and have shown they all can be very skilled.

ASU replaces Cal in your list (see last nite's game results)...wasn't sure about ASU but they looked impressive last nite...did anyone see the one call that went against ASU on the over-ruled fumble...Dennis Erikson was going just ape-mess...and John Elway's son has committed to them next yr...Oregon and Cal move up...Kansas was impressive as well...BC lucked out against the Hokies but we'll see...'SC is out...way out!

(OSU probably can't stand a loss because if they get one it will be late in season and you know how that goes...get leap-frogged by the other 1-lossers who lost early or mid-season...that's the way it goes (I will never forgive OSU though...they cost me first place in my Bowl Pool last yr with the Florida debacle...))

I thought OSU might slip up at PennState but they stood up and were definetly counted. I was impressed with how they handled the crowd noise. I think they're heading into the Michigan game undefeated. Michigan may have 1 more loss by that game but I think it's going to be another game where you throw out the records.

I do still think that LSU is the best team in the country and if they make it out the rest of the way unscathed, they deserve to be in the BCS Championship. Even over some of the undefeateds.

:banana: I was worried about how our young quarterback would handle the scene in Happy Valley, but he had his best game yet! We've got a tough game next week--Wisconsin, the only team Tressel has a losing record against--but yes, it looks like a possible showdown in the big house, what a surprise.

I've got a feeling LSU is going to run the table, but I don't know if BC will lose.

That is just purrrrre luck. But I 'll be danged if I can figure what is up with the wildcats besides injured players.

We take out #1 LSU and then lose to the likes of Fla and MSU?? OMG

Um, you do realize you are KENTUCKY, right? :screwy:

"The likes of Florida." :D

Nice Showing by tOSU last night. Boeckman sure looked good playing on the road in a hostile environment. People will still probably complain if they make it through undefeated but you cant hold them accountable for the rest of the Big 10 not being up to par.

One thing for sure is they sure look a lot more deserving then a team like BC which will probably get exposed just like USF did. Lets just hope LSU doesnt make it into the final game.

I was pulling for Penn State but the Buckeyes were the only ones being consistent. I'm with you on BC and I'm not an LSU fan, though they almost always have a phenomenal defense.

Crazy year in college football! Who would have thought that Mississippi State would be 4 games ahead of Notre Dame 9 weeks into the season??? (shrug)

Rivised top Five!!!

In order of my Ranking!

Oregon

LSU

Ohio State

Arizona State

BC/Kansas Tied

The offensive machine still held up on the #1 ranked Defensive by most polsters with a win. By proxy the Ducks killed Michigan, who will beat OSU, BC will loose at least one game as will Kansas. The Ducks will beat AS this next Sat. which will set up a LSU vs. Oregon National Title game. This assumes LSU and Oregon Win out. All that asside the BCS poll I believe will move the Ducks into top 4 this week, and the BCS seems to like the Ducks which will help us at the end if we take care of business.

Rivised top Five!!!

In order of my Ranking!

Oregon

LSU

Ohio State

Arizona State

BC/Kansas Tied

The offensive machine still held up on the #1 ranked Defensive by most polsters with a win. By proxy the Ducks killed Michigan, who will beat OSU, BC will loose at least one game as will Kansas. The Ducks will beat AS this next Sat. which will set up a LSU vs. Oregon National Title game. This assumes LSU and Oregon Win out. All that asside the BCS poll I believe will move the Ducks into top 4 this week, and the BCS seems to like the Ducks which will help us at the end if we take care of business.

That's assuming a lot more than LSU and Oregon winning out.

That is just purrrrre luck. But I 'll be danged if I can figure what is up with the wildcats besides injured players.

Who are you guys, Mister Obvious x2???

And FL loses go GA? HAAAAAAA!!

I love it...Kentucky, the perennial doormat of the SEC, has a decent football team for once and suddenly you're mocking Florida? I'm used to talking smack with rival teams like Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn...etc. You know, SEC teams that have actually BEATEN the Gators every once and awhile and, like us, have recently won conference or national championships. I mean, where is this coming from? Kentucky wins one big game...ONE...and now you are embarrassed to have "lost to the likes of FL" Truly hilarious.

I wonder if you were even alive the last time Kentucky beat Florida (1986)! :makepoint:

I love it...Kentucky, the perennial doormat of the SEC, has a decent football team for once and suddenly you're mocking Florida? I'm used to talking smack with rival teams like Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn...etc. You know, SEC teams that have actually BEATEN the Gators every once and awhile and, like us, have recently won conference or national championships. I mean, where is this coming from? Kentucky wins one big game...ONE...and now you are embarrassed to have "lost to the likes of FL" Truly hilarious.

I wonder if you were even alive the last time Kentucky beat Florida (1986)! :makepoint:

You SEC guys just keep right on beating each other up!