• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - OSU is #1

76 posts in this topic

Everyone griping about tOSU's schedule needs to worry about the unranked (ahem, Colorado) teams on their own.

Hey, who knew the Big Ten would only have one other ranked team, and that's 24th Michigan, who lost to Appalacian State!

I can't defend the Kent State's of the world though, other than to say that if a Big Ten team is going to schedule that 12th game (rather than a bye) in the middle of the season, there's not much to choose from.

And I don't have any sympathy for the greedy conferences that insist on having a championship game, which is an invitation to knock their best team out of contention for the real championship game. It's just stupid.

I agree that if LSU wins out they will probably jump an undefeated SF.

Everyone griping about tOSU's schedule needs to worry about the unranked (ahem, Colorado) teams on their own.

Talk to me after December 17th.

And last I checked we're doing fine and in the top 5 of the BCS with plenty of season to play to move up to 1 or 2. Maybe its because we actually beat some teams that had some substance to them.

Mich St, @Penn St, Wisconsin, Illinois, @ Mich.

Lost 5 of last 7 @ Penn St. Go through that stretch undefeated then tOSU will get their respect. Until then they wont by anybody except Herbstreit. Actually maybe not considering how weak the Big 10 is this year.

Youngstown St, Akron, Washington, Northwestern, Minnesota, Purdue, Kent St. Nice wins.

LSU will still be playing for the nation championship this year.

LSU is scary. So is FL. So is every team in the SEC. Hopefully Flynn looks better then he did this weekend but their Defense is nasty, nasty. The best teams in the country reside in SEC country, if OU was to meet any of them in a bowl game Id hope they put up a good fight against an LSU or FL. I just hope its not against LSU in the Sugar Bowl again as thats as unfair a setting as it comes in college football.

LSU will still be playing for the nation championship this year.

LSU is scary. So is FL. So is every team in the SEC. Hopefully Flynn looks better then he did this weekend but their Defense is nasty, nasty. The best teams in the country reside in SEC country, if OU was to meet any of them in a bowl game Id hope they put up a good fight against an LSU or FL. I just hope its not against LSU in the Sugar Bowl again as thats as unfair a setting as it comes in college football.

Flynn looked nearly perfect against FL, not so great against Ky. Of course, it didn't help that they didn't let him throw on the last series...

Florida is the youngest team in division 1-A...they have the fewest seniors and more freshman and sophomores than any other squad. Auburn came in and surprised the inexperienced Gators by playing a nearly flawless game...still, they needed a FG as time expired to win. LSU, looking and feeling invincible playing at home and at night against Florida 2 weeks ago, saw the Gators control the entire game until two critical turnovers in the 4th quarter turned things in their favor. Florida is loaded but much of the talent is inexperienced...but they are improving every week and I guarantee nobody is going to want to play them at the end of the season. Florida can beat any team in the country...but as we have seen so far this year, that can be said of pretty much all of the teams in the top 15 or so. There is so much parity this year that nobody really knows who the best team is...Ohio State hasn't played anybody and South Florida really surprised Auburn and then took advantage of a vastly overrated WVU team early in the year. They have the best chance to run the table but I'm not convinced they are legit...they aren't going to sneak up on anybody now and I think they would get stomped in the BCS championship game against a big-time school. As far as LSU, no chance...they play in the most difficult league in the country and will lose another game. My beloved Gators of course will not win back-to-back titles (nor did I expect them to after losing 15 starters from last year) but I sure as heck like our chances next year! :sumo:

OSU at number one is unproven at this point. My top five in no order of best teams in the country

LSU

Florida

Oregon

Cal

Oklahoma

South Florida, ASU, and OSU are the wild cards who have upcomming games to test their metal....But at this point in the year...today I go with above

These five have played some real teams, and have shown they all can be very skilled.

OSU at number one is unproven at this point. My top five in no order of best teams in the country

LSU

Florida

Oregon

Cal

Oklahoma

South Florida, ASU, and OSU are the wild cards who have upcomming games to test their metal....But at this point in the year...today I go with above

These five have played some real teams, and have shown they all can be very skilled.

And they all have lost. OSU hasn't played a good team yet but for now, they are #1. Its better to be #1 at the end of the season but for a preseason #10 team it must feel good to be #1 (for at least a while)

Florida is the youngest team in division 1-A...they have the fewest seniors and more freshman and sophomores than any other squad. Auburn came in and surprised the inexperienced Gators by playing a nearly flawless game...still, they needed a FG as time expired to win. LSU, looking and feeling invincible playing at home and at night against Florida 2 weeks ago, saw the Gators control the entire game until two critical turnovers in the 4th quarter turned things in their favor. Florida is loaded but much of the talent is inexperienced...but they are improving every week and I guarantee nobody is going to want to play them at the end of the season. Florida can beat any team in the country...but as we have seen so far this year, that can be said of pretty much all of the teams in the top 15 or so. There is so much parity this year that nobody really knows who the best team is...Ohio State hasn't played anybody and South Florida really surprised Auburn and then took advantage of a vastly overrated WVU team early in the year. They have the best chance to run the table but I'm not convinced they are legit...they aren't going to sneak up on anybody now and I think they would get stomped in the BCS championship game against a big-time school. As far as LSU, no chance...they play in the most difficult league in the country and will lose another game. My beloved Gators of course will not win back-to-back titles (nor did I expect them to after losing 15 starters from last year) but I sure as heck like our chances next year! :sumo:

Hey Florida, you suck!! (still hate you guys for two big losses last year)

I agree. Ohio State is young too, though: lost almost everyone on defense, and a Heisman trophy winner and other key player makers on offense. So far so good this year...

If LSU wins out, they will have beaten- ranking at the time of win (and now)...

#9 Va Tech (currently BCS #11)

#12 S Carolina (currently BCS #6)

#9 Florida (currently BCS #15)

BCS #17 Auburn

BCS ranked SEC East (SC/Kentucky/TN/FL)

With their only loss to #17 Kentucky (current BCS #7) in 3OT on the road.

Has a team ever beaten 5 BCS ranked teams in one season (let alone not then played for the Natl Championship)?

Hey Florida, you suck!! (still hate you guys for two big losses last year)

Heh-Heh-Heh...I'm thinking with those two glorious National Championship beat-downs, we must have moved up near Michigan on the most hated rival list of OSU fans! :devil:

No not even close to that school up north. You guys won fair and square :mad: . tosu may have a schedule issues to some but if they win them all the only turds crying will be the ones whose teams blew it against a lesser team. And as far as schedules go starting next year tosu has Ok, The U, VT, Cal, and USC on the regular schedule. May be suicide but not many other teams schedule that tough out of conference.

GO BUCKS!

If LSU wins out, they will have beaten- ranking at the time of win (and now)...

#9 Va Tech (currently BCS #11)

#12 S Carolina (currently BCS #6)

#9 Florida (currently BCS #15)

BCS #17 Auburn

BCS ranked SEC East (SC/Kentucky/TN/FL)

With their only loss to #17 Kentucky (current BCS #7) in 3OT on the road.

Has a team ever beaten 5 BCS ranked teams in one season (let alone not then played for the Natl Championship)?

Yeah, 5 ranked teams isn't that unusual. I'm sure Ohio State played at least 5 last year (Texas, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan...someone else was probably ranked).

Here's what needs to happen : The Cleveland Indians lose to the Rockies in the World Series. Then we'd have Ohio teams losing the NCAA Championship, the football 1A championship, the NBA finals, and then the World Series.

I would say it would be totally complete if the Browns or Bengals could get to and lose the Super Bowl, but that ain't happening...