• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Auction results

38 posts in this topic

Thanks, Matt. That cover is just so amazing, I had to get a copy. So I opted for the highest graded :grin:

I sold a VF copy of that book to a customer - one of my bigger regrets in letting that book go. Definitely one of the top 5 Atlas horror covers.

Won this. Still figuring out if I want to bid on a book or two.

Astonishing8CGCFN.jpg

:applause:

Thanks, Danny

Outstanding cover and darn smart purchase on your part. :applause:

Yeah, until Goldust40's customer gets his graded :tonofbricks:

He's a veteran collector in his sixties who's not keen on slabbing....maybe I can prise it out of his hands at some point...

Won this. Still figuring out if I want to bid on a book or two.

Astonishing8CGCFN.jpg

:applause:

Thanks, Danny

Outstanding cover and darn smart purchase on your part. :applause:

Yeah, until Goldust40's customer gets his graded :tonofbricks:

He's a veteran collector in his sixties who's not keen on slabbing....maybe I can prise it out of his hands at some point...

I was just being humorous. I bought the book for the cover. It's one of my favorite precode covers. Whether it's top census or fifth, I'll always be happy with my purchase. Now if you can get that VF from your customer, that would be something (worship)

I'm a seller in this auction but decided to treat myself to one small purchase. Cool cover and no sign of the tool wonder any where. :headbang: Now will the MC#1 and the Annual break reserve. :popcorn:

BM82CGC5.jpg[/img]

i bought (won? sorry, i don't use that term) the atom #1. now i can upgrade to the 9.4 on pedigree for only 8x what i paid for the 9.2.

Congrats!

If only the owner of the 9.4 copy were on the boards to hear your complaints. Oh wait, he is... lol

The only book I had my eye on was Avengers #39 in 9.6 grade.

I set my max bid at $400, given that the last 9.6 sale on GPA was for $225 in 2002, and issues #38 and #40 in 9.6 have sold recently for $375-$390.

Anyway, it wasn't to be for me: the winning bid was $578.

I got my one book tonight. Narrowed ten down to one. Went with historical importance, highest graded and feel that I scored big time. My max was set at 150 more than it went for. Needless to say I was shocked when I logged on a few minutes ago and saw what I am getting it for. I will share a scan later. :devil:

Sweet Atlas book there Angelo......I was eyeing that one in my initial ten, but let it go early on.

Scott

I was surprised at how many of the ones I was interested in went for significantly more than Guide. That Mystic Comics #10 with the concentration camp cover was very cool but it was way out of my range long before it topped it's final $3101 price (twice Guide).

The auction had a great selection of comics. I was interested in many more than I could afford. I did pick up several good ones. One of my favorites was this Don Winslow #15, a great war cover from 1944:

Don_Winslow_15.jpg

I was surprised at how many of the ones I was interested in went for significantly more than Guide. That Mystic Comics #10 with the concentration camp cover was very cool but it was way out of my range long before it topped it's final $3101 price (twice Guide).

The auction had a great selection of comics. I was interested in many more than I could afford. I did pick up several good ones. One of my favorites was this Don Winslow #15, a great war cover from 1944:

Don_Winslow_15.jpg

That is a really cool Don Winslow cover on #15. I'd never seen that one before.

OT: If anyone knows who picked up the Don Winslow #41, I would like to know. I really want that book in 9.0 or better.

Thanks, JB